Men and Women...just friends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Men and Women...just friends?

I stayed away from this thread till now.

K-den. I have always been closer to the Male Species. Most of my friends are MALE. I have always gotten along better with my male counter parts. I do have female friends. However, not many.

I treasure my friendships. Yes, there have been times when someone wanted to cross the line and wanted more than just being friends. That ended many friendships because I don't consider playing the same game.

Friends should remain just that. Respect, trust and honoring the person is more important than LUST. And that's what it boils down to. "Itchyness" into wanting or believing that your friend is the person for you. Too many times after the Lust is over many find out it's not all what it seemed. Hala! Now they have no friend. Instead, hatred and to the other friends that they had together ~ a split circle of friends that will never be the same due to "LUST."

...hope I made sense. just my 2cents tonight folks.

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; January 29, 2006, 10:34 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I read the "ladder" drivel and some of the comments: Adolescents of any age who think that way are slaves to their instincts - no better than dogs.

A few hours of Buddhist meditation should cure them, or just realizing that they are missing out on infinitely more fulfillment by relating to all people on a spiritual and intellectual level.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
        Does that go for attractive males, too?!
        It certainly does. Or couples.

Comment

I think its possible. Probably not a common thing. Even if the attraction is there, not everyone lacks self-control and proceeds to make a love connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahi Waina
            I read the "ladder" drivel and some of the comments: Adolescents of any age who think that way are slaves to their instincts - no better than dogs.

A few hours of Buddhist meditation should cure them, or just realizing that they are missing out on infinitely more fulfillment by relating to all people on a spiritual and intellectual level.

Ummm...yeah right....so who's up for Superbowl Sunday!!!
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
              Ummm...yeah right....so who's up for Superbowl Sunday!!!
              Auntie pUpUle!

Comment

Originally posted by Mahi Waina
                I read the "ladder" drivel and some of the comments:
                The ladder theory was meant to be a funny, tongue in cheek look at possably why some actions and reactions happen in relationships. I think some of it was 'Bang' on so don't agree with the drivel comment and addressing other poster's comments on this subject... There seems to be a general consensus I think "That male/female friendships exist, but sometimes a guy tries to jump ladders (along with other things). Does that really make him a bad person? Unless he's a real loser, shouldn't she appreciate the fact that he wanted to have a lover relationship? With all the responsibilities and sacrifice/sharing that comes along with that designation? I need some coffee...
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I need some coffee...

...make that two!

Mahalo and Good Morning!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

What do you notice first?

What attracts your attention first of the opposite sex, or same if that's your inclination? Like do you notice their hair, or eyes, laugh, lips, okole, legs, breasts, deep voice, or what?

Well, for me it's females okoles and legs. I like the whole female anatomy, but a sweet okole walking catches my attention every the time!

Comment

Re: What do you notice first?

Originally posted by Menehune Man
                      What attracts your attention first of the opposite sex, or same if that's your inclination? Like do you notice their hair, or eyes, laugh, lips, okole, legs, breasts, deep voice, or what?

Well, for me it's females okoles and legs. I like the whole female anatomy, but a sweet okole walking catches my attention every the time!
                      "fingers!" nah, nah, JOKE!

...for me ~ I would say manners plays an important first impression. I love men with Class! No show-offs. Absolutely, No guy's who eat my "steak" on first dates. (old timers will know wat I talking about)

Auntie Lynn
                      Last edited by 1stwahine; February 4, 2006, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Re: What do you notice first?

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                        Absolutely, No guy's who eat my "steak" on first dates. (old timers will know wat I talking about) Auntie Lynn
                        HaHa! I remember that!

Comment

The Ladder Theory made me laugh just because I thought it was funny that someone had to invent something so complex to explain why he doesn't get any action.

Explain the "steak" thing! I have some theories but I just have to know!

Comment

Originally posted by smoot
                            The Ladder Theory made me laugh just because I thought it was funny that someone had to invent something so complex to explain why he doesn't get any action.

Explain the "steak" thing! I have some theories but I just have to know!
                            heheheh

Your answer to the "Steak" can be found under the thread "Blind Dates" here at Hawaii Threads.com

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Already having and being committed to a significant other helps keep things in check. That's either me or the other.

It's harder when you're single and looking. All single female friends become possibilities. As someone stated, it either goes beyond or ends, although the friendships were good while they lasted. Even had one friendship where the female friend....ummmm....you know......

This is my experience. Everyone's different.

Comment

Working...
                              X