What you bought for your mom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What you bought for your mom?

I found a florist on-line in Honolulu and called them to find out if they sold pikake leis. They were able to sell one to me for a very reasonable price and deliver it to my mom's workplace on Friday. Mom said it was beautiful and still in excellent condition on Sunday so that she could wear it to church. (Gotta give a shout-out to Myra's Leis and Flowers in Honolulu for coming through for me!)
    * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
    - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
      an awesome book that I knew she would appreciate.
      What book did you get her?
      * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
      - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Champagne brunch at Indigo, then a day of shopping (Ward Warehouse, Pier One, Costco, Home Depot). A great day with one-half of the two most influential people in my life (howzit up there, Dad!).

Then, of course *she* ended up buying *me* some stuff for my house, and gave me a bunch of stuff from her place that she no longer needs (a vase, some clothes, a gorgeous painting of horses from the Honolulu Academy of Arts).

A quite nice mother-daughter day.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
          I bought my MAMA her 2 way ticket to San Francisco and Honolulu next month. It's bittersweet. My eldest sister is having an heart operation.

Auntie Lynn
          Best wishes to your sister on her surgery, and to your mom during her journey. I had a heart operation a few years ago, but it was fairly minor (as minor as such a thing can be). I don't want to pry about your sister's condition, but I do hope she makes it through in top form. Doctors perform so many heart surgeries these days; I think they're getting the hang of it!

Hugs to you, Auntie!

Aloha,
          Maddie

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
            Best wishes to your sister on her surgery, and to your mom during her journey. I had a heart operation a few years ago, but it was fairly minor (as minor as such a thing can be). I don't want to pry about your sister's condition, but I do hope she makes it through in top form. Doctors perform so many heart surgeries these days; I think they're getting the hang of it!

Hugs to you, Auntie!

Aloha,
            Maddie
            Wow! You're up early! Good morning and Mahalo for the Best wishes.

It means alot.

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
            X