This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please Pray for Big Island Resident Sarah Ahmadia

I watched the news of the arrival of Sarah Ahmadia this morning. She looks so much like our own, "AbsolutChaos!"

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

yes she does kind of look like Absolutchaos... Now I have to ask...What Ethnicity are you Absolutchaos?

when she chooses to, can look very much like she is a "local" there....

With that being said she would have been able to travel the streets fairly freely and not be associated as an "outsider"

I did mention that she would blend in over there and not stick out like a soar thumb didn't I?
      Last edited by damontucker; July 25, 2006, 12:40 PM.

Comment

In an article from the New York Daily News http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-367571c.html

"The White House said a 2003 law requires the reimbursement for rescues. "I dare say it's something that is causing heartburn for a number of people, but it is the law," said spokesman Tony Snow. Harty assured the public that no one will be denied boarding "because they left their checkbook or credit card behind."

I dunno how they going breakdown the costs but knowing Uncle Sam they will find a way. I'm certain her parents or anyone who had love ones there are not going to grumble...the main thing is their love ones is back home safe and sound.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

as i said in the other thread...

In all seriousness...thank you US Govt. for getting Ahmadia out of the situation she was in... money is not an issue... if you want repayment... I'm sure the family wouldn't have a problem with it.

(cheaper than a funeral)

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
            as i said in the other thread...

In all seriousness...thank you US Govt. for getting Ahmadia out of the situation she was in... money is not an issue... if you want repayment... I'm sure the family wouldn't have a problem with it.

(cheaper than a funeral)
            "cheaper than a funeral is so uncalled for!"

Especially, when many are losing their lives.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

being honest and blunt...as always..
              truth hurts sometimes

In response to me and aunties little spat

Please still keep your prayers going for all others still stuck in the situation that she was in... as well as the innocent people that are losing family members every day.

Manoa

Comment

For who Manoa? Who are you trying to impress?

I believe in Truth. I also believe in respecting others, situations and circumstances.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                  In an article from the New York Daily News http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-367571c.html

"The White House said a 2003 law requires the reimbursement for rescues. "I dare say it's something that is causing heartburn for a number of people, but it is the law," said spokesman Tony Snow. Harty assured the public that no one will be denied boarding "because they left their checkbook or credit card behind."

I dunno how they going breakdown the costs but knowing Uncle Sam they will find a way. I'm certain her parents or anyone who had love ones there are not going to grumble...the main thing is their love ones is back home safe and sound.

Auntie Lynn
                  Tita, the State Dept. only waived the $250 departure fee to get Americans from Beirut to Cyprus. Once in Cyprus, each person was responsible for finding the money to get back to the States. The State Dept. apparently chartered some planes to get people to Baltimore, and then from there they all got to their own homes. The people who were on those chartered flights might have to repay the government for that leg of the trip. In Sarah's case, I think she flew from Cyprus to London and then came back to the states on her own dime.

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                    Tita, the State Dept. only waived the $250 departure fee to get Americans from Beirut to Cyprus. Once in Cyprus, each person was responsible for finding the money to get back to the States. The State Dept. apparently chartered some planes to get people to Baltimore, and then from there they all got to their own homes. The people who were on those chartered flights might have to repay the government for that leg of the trip. In Sarah's case, I think she flew from Cyprus to London and then came back to the states on her own dime.

Miulang
                    Mahalo Tita Miulang for the clarification. Still a mighty small price to pay for one's life. I'm glad for everyone who returned safely home to their loved ones.

Lynn

Comment

Hi, this is Sarah Ahmadia...
                      I just wanted to say thank you so much for your prayers and support. One of my friends googled me and found this strand that she thought I should check out. Kind of funny for a big island girl to find myself in the middle of a war!

To explain a little more, we did check out advisories ahead of time before we left. This was my first trip to Lebanon, where my father lived until he was in his twenties. The reason I have never gone before is because I was waiting for a time of stability. This was the highest tourist season Lebanon has had in years and no potential conflicts or even tension were on the radar of the U.S. State Department. We had absolutely no chance to get out because everything escalated so quickly. No one had any idea Israel would react the way it did.

I don't support either side, Israel or Hezbollah, in this situation. Both sides are killing innocent people. There is no right, but clearly some people are being wronged. The Lebanese people (many of whom DO NOT support Hezbollah) are being killed by Israel using American planes and bombs. My family over there had 5 missiles hit less than five hundred yards away from their house while I was in it. We are lucky to have escaped. They live nowhere near any Hezbollah activity, the Syrian border, South Lebanon, Beirut, or any other strategic military target!

Sorry for taking up so much space and thank you again for your prayers. They definitely worked. I never thought I would be so excited to see good old Hilo Airport! Aloha e mahalo nui!

Comment

Sarah - welcome and thank you for taking the time to write to us. It is always good to hear directly from someone who has been the subject of a rather lively thread. You've had an experience you'll never forget - one of those life changing events that come up and catch us by surprise. We are so pleased you're home safe and sound.

Comment

Sarah -

Just fyi -

I started this thread cause Keala (Melissa) asked me to keep the prayers open for you.

Glad your home... Your students are going to have some great stories!

Manoa

Comment

Welcome Home Dear Sarah! Mahalo for sharing your thoughts and experience.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

The Lebanese people (many of whom DO NOT support Hezbollah) are being killed by Israel using American planes and bombs.
                              leave it to us Americans to provide the Weapons of Mass Destruction!

I just noticed this on the HT events calendar...! this is tonight!

Thanks to DKYImage for posting it... however, I thought that this would be a good thread to re-post the event.

July 26th, 2006 07:00 PM to 09:00 PM
                              Chairperson of the Israel Day Hawaii Festival, Pinchas Neuman, is putting together an emergency rally in support of Israel. It will be held at Waikiki’s Gateway Park, the ewa side of Kuhio and Kalakaua, Wednesday, July 26, 2006 at 7:00 PM.

People from all religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds are encouraged to join in this peaceful gathering. Show your support and concern for Israel at this community candle-lighting vigil, and come to learn more about what the crisis in Israel really means and how it affects us all. It is also our intent to create awareness and peace through education.

Manoa is there!!! It's just around my corner.... anyone like join?

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanese Hilo Girl
                                Hi, this is Sarah Ahmadia...[...]
                                Welcome home, Sarah. What an experience you had; life changing, I'd guess. A book, maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X