X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please Pray for Big Island Resident Sarah Ahmadia

Originally posted by Lebanese Hilo Girl
    Hi, this is Sarah Ahmadia...

I don't support either side, Israel or Hezbollah, in this situation. Both sides are killing innocent people. There is no right, but clearly some people are being wronged.

That is an amazing statement. No difference between a democratic, civilized, prosperous, productive, pro-western (thats us guyz if you didn't know), rarely offensive, organized state who has never denied the right of any other country to exist in the middle east and............................

A TERRORIST ORGANIZATION WHO HAS NEVER ACKNOWLEDGED THE RIGHT OF ISRAEL TO EVEN EXIST, but instead has sworn to "wipe Israel off the map". Your "equally not right or wrong" Hezbollah has so far shot 1700 missiles INDISCRIMINATELY into Israel. They started this by kidnapping Soldiers. Where's the Geneva Conventions?? Kidnapping is the act of terrorists. Indiscriminate firing of missiles are the acts of terrorists.

If the Lebanese are sooooo weak that they cannot control a terrorist organization in their own country then the Israelis have no choice but to go after them on their own.

How does an "organization" called Hezbollah get thousands of missiles anyway. They aren't a country. They don't have an economy. They don't produce anything beyond hate and murder. So how do they fund their war machine?

Hezbollah kidnaps and murders indiscriminatly and usually initially.
    Israel constantly buries their women and children blown up in cafes and buses and usually kills in response to unprovoked attacks. The cowards of Hezbollah and Al Qaida hide amongst women and children and then cry when they are killed along with the rats.

You are the problem with the middle east. You are blind by your prejudice.

PS I have no connection to the middle east. I am not jewish or arab or persian and I THANK GOD EVERYDAY THAT I AM NOT. Because that is the true cesspool of the planet today. Middle East culture is THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE of Hawaiian culture.

God help them to grow up and become civilized human beings.
    Last edited by kamuelakea; July 26, 2006, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Kamuelakea -

Please give tita a break!!!! she wasn't there for any sort of political thing...she was just stating what she saw first hand.

Have you EVER been there? Until you can say that you have had the first hand experiences that Sarah has recently experienced... please be considerate to those that care about her more as a person than as a political tool.

Manoa
      Last edited by damontucker; July 26, 2006, 10:15 PM.

Comment

right on, fish that is jellylike and that is also blue!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
          Kamuelakea -

Please give tita a break!!!! she wasn't there for any sort of political thing...she was just stating what she saw first hand.

Manoa
          You should think about statements like hers (Terrorists Hezbollah and the Democratic Isreal are "equal" and that "there is no right") They go straight to the source of Middle East hate and intolerance.

If civilized people cannot discern between murderous terrorists and civilized humans trying to defend themselves, then we are going to get more murderous terrorists.

This kind of thought and language is what is perpetuates the misery that is the Middle East. Yes, all sides have grievances. But some sides are murderous terrorist rats and should be identified and marginalized as such. It's always amazed me at how the average Arab on the street NEVER attacks the terrorists amongst them without an excuse regarding Israel, American oppression, etc etc. Why are they so incapable of calling a terrorist a terrorist? THat is the source of war. In fact that leads me to an interesting thought.

I think that the "source of war" in the Middle East lies more with women like the Lebanese woman who lives in Hilo than it does with the men committing the killing. Women like this one never stand up and speak up against the hate. I think they can stop it but their silence fuels the hatred.

I once heard a saying: "Until Arab mothers start loving their children more than they hate the Jews, Middle East hate murder, mayhem will continue."

That is why I won't give someone who equates a terrorist group with Israel a break. Groups like Hezbollah are drawing us into a third world war.

You know, if I lived in a community or country and an outside criminal group was using my community as a staging ground to attack one of my neighbors, I wouldn't react with "oh well, nobody is really right or wrong, everybody has a point, if only my neighbor would pack up and move,... then the problem would be solved."

No. I would say GET THOSE RATS OUT OF MY COUNTRY. I would say I don't care what your grievances are, don't use MY neighborhod for YOUR crimes.

But not the Lebanese. Not even American Lebanese who should have a more objective perspective. Its always equivocation and excuse and ignore and justify. Fascinating and sickening.

Heres what our friendly Al Qaida leader had to say today. Any you want me to believe that there is "no right or wrong" side to this situation?

"The war with Israel does not depend on cease-fires. ... It is a Jihad for God's sake and will last until (our) religion prevails," al-Zawahri said. "We will attack everywhere."

Al-Zawahri wore a gray robe and white turban. A picture of the burning World Trade Center was on the wall behind him along with pictures of two other militants.
          Now compare this to the Israelis? No right? No wrong?

Comment

Welcome home.
            Last edited by sinjin; July 27, 2006, 08:07 AM.
            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Perhaps this political disagreement should be carried on in the thread "The Real Middle East War"? I think everyone is agreed that we are all grateful that Sarah has returned safely, which was the whole point of this thread.

Sling all the mud you want in the other thread. Sarah was put into a very difficult situation by forces that were out of her control. She managed the whole thing with aplomb and grace, and as such, was a perfect representative of Hawai'i.

Welcome home, Sarah.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                She managed the whole thing with aplomb and grace, and as such, was a perfect representative of Hawai'i.
                Welcome home, Sarah.
                And even if she hadn't, or wasn't (and I certainly don't mean to imply otherwise), I still agree: Welcome home, Sarah - and let's all hope for a cease-fire and a peaceful solution soon. No matter our politics, one innocent's death is far too many.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea
                  [...]Now compare this to the Israelis? No right? No wrong?
                  Wrong thread, Kamuelakea.

Comment

Sarah -

Please ignore the way people have gone off on this thread in their own ways...

It was only started as a prayer thread. Others have taken it to the extreme.

Manoa

Comment

Sarah Ahmadia is home, so this thread is closed. Posts debating the Israeli-Hezbollah conflict have been moved to The "Real" Middle Eastern War.

Comment

Working...
                      X