Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iwi and/or Ancestral Bones

Originally posted by beaker
    The land is for the benefit of nature first, foremost, and primarily. Mankind is just a squatter. (and an ungrateful one, at that.)
    Funny thing, mankind is part of nature too. Unless you hold with that theory that we came here from another planet and miraculously look like evolved apes

Dolphins have culture. Various apes use tools. People are natural. We've just taken changing our environment and using tools to a kind of ludicrous extreme. Having the ability to philosophize and consider consequences, we ought to know better by now.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
      Build a big fire, set me on top, then scatter my ashes at sea.
      Just for this one nanosecond, Tim, we are in agreement. But I can't criticize other peoples' beliefs; I only know that when I'm dead I don't want to be immortalized by a headstone (anybody wanna buy a cemetery plot on Maui? No, I didn't buy it. My proactive father bought plots for my brother and me many years ago, so technically I could say I own land on Maui! ).

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
        Build a big fire, set me on top, then scatter my ashes at sea. What does the Bible say about that? What about the Quran?

How bout this?
        GET OFF MY LAND !! TRESPASSERS WILL BE EATEN.

Spirituality, Make-Believe, Religion, Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. All the same.
        Try Reality for a while. Reality is fun. Reality is real. Reality is where the rational mind exists. Cover the bones deeper. Build on.

Spirituality is for half-wit, pretenders with little stomach for the real world.

Sorry to sound so harsh. But that's the balls-truth of it.

Good Grief !?
        Reality is what you make of it Tim. I'm sorry yours is so meaningless...Sorry to sound so harsh, but...
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I accept that Tim's reality is as real as my own, no matter how different or unfamiliar (to me) as it may be. My hope is that he can do the same. Please see "Rashomon" for further reference.

Question for Beaker: do our bones and flesh provide nutrients to the soil after death, or are we too toxic (or generally too sealed-up and embalmed) to be of any use to the planet? At least we are no longer parasitic then.

I don't really care what happens to my corporeal shell after I die; I won't be around to notice. Long ago, I signed away everything: organs, cadaver, whatever - what doesn't directly provide immediate assistance to others still alive is made available for medical research and educational purposes. I've been told they will cremate any remains and dispose of them properly. That suits me.

Comment

I don't really care what happens to my corporeal shell after I die; I won't be around to notice. Long ago, I signed away everything: organs, cadaver, whatever - what doesn't directly provide immediate assistance to others still alive is made available for medical research and educational purposes. I've been told they will cremate any remains and dispose of them properly. That suits me.
            Leo - Can I have your brain early?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
              Leo - Can I have your brain early?
              Hell yes - I'm not using it...

Comment

Can I have it now then

Comment

I lost it somewhere...maybe in another thread, I dunno... Just call me "boneheaded," to keep this ever-so-slightly on-topic.

Comment

Working...
                  X