Look After Your Ma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Look After Your Ma

Auntie Lynn: I'm glad to hear the good news!

jdub: I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I wish there was something helpful I could say but you already know that she loved you and she knew you and your family loved her and I suspect that nothing but time and togetherness with the ones you love will help.

Comment

((((jdub))))
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Jamie

My heartfelt prayers of strength and support go out to you and your family. I firmly beleive she is in the warm embrace of God and pain free, but that doesn't nullify the pain of losing a loved one.

My deepest sypathy goes out to you and the family.

Chris
        www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          Mahalo Adri, Lei Liko, Tutusue, and Blueyecicle!

MAMA'S operation was SUCCESSFUL!

Auntie Lynn

Deepest sympathy to Jdub and his Ohana.

Prayers and best wishes for your Mama's speedy recovery, Lynn.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
            Jdub's Mama has died. Hugs to jdub and his ohana. She was a powerful and determined woman who will be deeply missed by many. I am deeply sad for your loss, jdub. Hugs, good friend.
            Sincere condolences to you and your family, Jdub. So very sorry.

Comment

This is nowhere on par with what jdub's going thru but, rather, a reminder to let everyone you care about, both friends and family, know you love them. A former assistant of mine, a sweetheart of a guy afflicted with AIDS, passed on this morning. I didn't hear about the direness of his condition until it was too late. That'll teach me to trust my intuition. He'd been on my mind for over a week and, with my "too busy syndrome" I didn't follow up on what was nagging at me. My loss...truly.

Comment

My thoughts and best wishes to jdub, and so happy to hear of Auntie Lynn's mom's successful surgery. I'm currently here on Oahu under the worst of circumstances. My father in law did not survive his own heart surgery last week. We knew it was serious, but I don't think anybody thought he wouldn't survive the procedure. In hindsight maybe that was denial. Thank goodness my wife decided that I should fly over with our daughter to join her on short notice so that he could see his granddaughter for what turned out to be one last time.

I lost my own dad over twenty years ago, but I still find it hard to comfort my wife and her mom when I know too well how long the pain can linger. This just brings it all back like it was yesterday. While trying my best to be strong for them, I've found myself calling my own mom for comfort.

You're all right. You can't love your folks enough, nor can you tell them how much you love them too much.

Comment

My most sincere thank you to all of my HT ohana. Family and friends are helping us through this enormously difficult time. I wanted to let anyone here who may have known my Ma that we'll be having a mass for her at Star of the Sea (all 3 kids attended) on Saturday at 12:45pm. That will be followed by a celebration of Ma's life at Murphy's Bar & Grill.
                  Don't be mean,
                  try to help.

Comment

I just came from the funeral Mass at Star of the Sea Church held for the Grande Dame Mary Winpenny, who was obviously well loved. A wake in her honor is underway at Murphy's Bar, where there's a table permanently reserved for her. Her children and her husband Jim sent her off in style today. Mary blessed Honolulu in so many ways. Long may her memory live.
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Beau and I just came back from Murphy's Bar! Plenty people.

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                      X