Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Prom™

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
    No none of my children attend KS, nor did they attend KS' prom (which was one of four of B.I. schools that held their proms last evening).

Their afterparty was not held in a hotel room, but on a farm lot.

My boy went to some Karaoke place in Hilo after the prom. Not quite like the way we did it in Honolulu!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Wow! All this talk about the proms is really jarring my memory beans....went to my Jr. Prom - Waialua HS - with a blind date - he was my bestfriend's boyfriend's bestfriend....we actually had a nice time once my dad and uncle were able to tow their car off the freeway near the Waipahu exit because it died on their way to picking us up....it's a good thing that my dad had just bought a brand new Chrysler LeBaron...we had a blast!
      Sr. Prom date was my mom's friend's son...I wasn't planning to go to my Sr. Prom because our high school girls basketball team had a game that day and I would have much rather played basketball than go to yet ANOTHER prom! Lucky for me, James lived about 100 yards away from us and was so accomodating...he was from Mililani HS and I didn't know him at all. He turned out to be a great date and had a great time with my friends as they did with him. We went to the Frank Delima show after the prom and enjoyed ourselves as well.....
      My youngest son just went to his Jr. Prom - semi-formal and the Tux place at Sears was having a special, my friend made his boutonniere and his date's bouquet, another friend of his has an uncle who owns a limo company so Uncle donated the limo and the kids all chipped in $20 a head and paid the driver. The kids all met in the school parking lot, the driver them took them riding to Diamond Head and dropped them back to me at the school parking lot....they had a great time...2 of his friends however, didn't know they had to order flowers for their date and were calling us from Costco at about 2:30 asking me what kind of flowers to buy.....they ended up purchasing the big flower bunches that are wrapped in cellophane when you enter Costco...

Comment

Originally posted by Ms_Aloha_Nui View Post
        [...]2 of his friends however, didn't know they had to order flowers for their date and were calling us from Costco at about 2:30 asking me what kind of flowers to buy.....they ended up purchasing the big flower bunches that are wrapped in cellophane when you enter Costco...
        Thanks for the chuckle! I'm sure the guys were a bit anxious about their almost faux pas but, well, this was just too funny. So...teen!!! It took me back 45 years!!!

Comment

Working...
        X