This is my favorite writing about Love - Shakespeare Sonnet #116:

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
    Admit impediments. Love is not love
    Which alters when it alteration finds,
    Or bends with the remover to remove:
    O, no! it is an ever-fixed mark,
    That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
    It is the star to every wandering bark,
    Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
    Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
    Within his bending sickle's compass come;
    Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
    But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
    If this be error and upon me proved,
    I never writ, nor no man ever loved.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Re: What is love?

I think love is a feeling of affection, whether it be for a friend, family member, or a boyfriend/girlfriend. Anyone is able to love others.
      'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
        It's kind of like asking "Why is there air?"
        Don't get me started.......

I think love is the complete acceptance of another - flaws and all. A child's love for their parent, a parent's love for their child. After 30 yrs of marriage, my love for my husband and his for me. Also a deep respect for one another. I think our society has led us to believe that "love" in the couple sense has to be always exciting. The minute that excitement dies off (and it always does), couples are looking for an out. When couples run into problems (and they always do, be it money, sex, family, career....) I think the divorce rate in this country is a symptom of a much deeper societal (sp?) problem. Giving up the minute things don't go their way. I am not one to talk about negative things in life, but, trust me - in 30 yrs problems have arisen. It's how you face them that makes the difference.

Comment

So much philosophy on this thing we call Love. The easy answer?

Zero in a tennis match.

-kp!

Comment

The Road Less Traveled addresses this topic more comprehensively than anything I've ever read or heard. I always confused infatuation with love. Love is the total opposite of obsession. Love is a conscious choice, it's not a whimsical fantasy. Love is changing a diaper. At it's deepest point, It's being able to see ugly things in a beautiful way. I don't know what the hell I'm talking about

Take a second and look in the mirror. Have you ever insulted another person? Have you ever pointed out another's faults without recognizing your own? Have you ever make a joke at another person's expense? Have you never cared whether another person lived or died? Have you ever thought badly of someone else? Did you ever have the opportunity to come to someone's defense, and you didn't?

We have all made these mistakes. 'Love' is admitting them, repenting them, making up for them and moving on from them.... and making yourself a better person for having 'suffered' them.
            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
            Flickr

Comment

i love lucy.

love is everything truly good.
              Ebb And Flow

Comment

Love is the capacity to care for another totally and unconditionally.
                Eating my way through restaurants at http://www.nomnomfoodie.com

Growing a local Hawaii food blogger community at http://www.hawaiifoodbloggers.com

Comment

When you'd die for something greater than yourself. Book of John somewhere.

L is for the way you LOOK at me

O is for the ONLY one for me

V is for the VERY extraordinary

E is for the....ahh I forget the rest.

It's an old song.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

A VERY old song ........ from MY time!

L.O.V.E. - Nat King Cole (father of Natalie Cole)

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                      Sure... but no two definitions will ever be the same.
                      It's kind of like asking "Why is there air?"

Why is there air? Because it is the most important thing next to Faith Yanagi. Remember her...Head cheerleader of Futado Memorial High School...Bum bum bum bum...no foget da can resin unda neat da bed.
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Our definition of love can be found here: http://infinitypro.livejournal.com/
                        We discovered each other, rescued one another...the fusion I tell you is absolutely amazing. It works for us, love that is.
                        ___
                        "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                          Why is there air? Because it is the most important thing next to Faith Yanagi. Remember her...Head cheerleader of Futado Memorial High School...Bum bum bum bum...no foget da can resin unda neat da bed.
                          Classic! I remember Faith Yanagi, in fact weren't there t-shirts back in the day that read: "TELL MITS FUNAI LATAHS!"
                          ___
                          "Be god to each other."

Comment

Working...
                          X