First Day Of School.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Day Of School.

Gratefully, we haven't experience that yet, even our 6th grader is gung ho 'bout school! In fact, our little preschooler pouted that the day was too short...we thank our lucky stars...we'll encourage this attitude towards their education until they each have finished through college.

If not, we'll have to resort to the old school threat, "You don't want to pay attention in school? Then you can stay home and clean the house all day long!"
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Comment

"stay home and throw rocks!" (hand clear the back lot)

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
        "stay home and throw rocks!" (hand clear the back lot)

Our preschooler might love this!
        ___
        "Be god to each other."

Comment

Let's see, my 23-year old is starting his Master's Program at UH/Manoa next month, my 20-year old is starting his Junior year at UH/Hilo, my 18-year old is in his second phase at Camp Pendleton in the USMC (probably going thru the Crucible by now), my 11-year old is starting 7th grade at Connections Public Charter School (Hilo), my 9-year old started 4th at Waiakea Elementary School (Hilo), and my 3-year old is in Pre school at Kawaiahao Montessori (Honolulu) but will be transferring to The Early School (Honolulu)this fall.

I've got kids in virtually all levels of public and private education right now and it's friggin expensive!!!! Still this veteran of educational first day anxieties, I'm the one with the seperation anxieties when it comes to my kids.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            [...]Still this veteran of educational first day anxieties, I'm the one with the seperation anxieties when it comes to my kids.
            I hear ya! When my kids left Hawaii for college on the mainland I had to go with them so that I was the one to leave them when it was time to come home! I couldn't stand the thought of them leaving me. The first 24 hours back home without them was miserable. The silence was deafening. I hated it. By the 25th hour I was over the misery of the empty nest syndrome altho' I still missed them. It's been over 20 years and I still miss 'em but not in a miserable way!!!

Comment

My 5 year old started grade K last month (year around school here). There were lots of kids screaming and crying, about 3/4 of the class to be exact. Took over an hour to get everyone calm. One especially frightened little guy was wrapped around his father's leg yelling, "Save me Daddy, don't leave me Daddy, helllllllllllllpppppppppppppp me!" My son whispers in my ear, "What's wrong with them?" He couldn't understand what was so traumatizing about going to school. He sat down on the floor, listened, only spoke when asked a question, he was great and very secure, totally amazed me. I was the emotional one, but not in front of him. I waited until I got into the car to shed a tear.

When my 8 year old started grade K a few years ago he sobbed every stinkin morning for about 2 weeks. *sigh* Now he loves school, thankfully!
              I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                My eldest is a senior in h.s. I cried harder on that day than her first day in Pūnana Leo. All of these years committed to my children's education comes into full bloom reality that there are wings sprouting on their backs, ready to take flight.
                so now....graduation tears have started. last night, i told my husband "do you realize, in 3 months...90 DAYS....we will be parents of a 18 yr old high school graduate!! WOTDAHECK!?!?!?!" his reply "i tink i need one beer."

the search for prom and graduation dresses has begun.
                she is stressed over end of the year projects, turning 18, looking for a part-time job, not being "daddy's little girl" anymore.
                she is excited about the last day of high school, turning 18, looking for her first "real" job, realizing she will ALWAYS be "daddy's little girl."

i can't believe how fast this all has happened. WOW!!

i tink i need one beer.

Comment

Working...
                X