Who Does What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who Does What?

Who pays the bills (not necessarily making the $$$, but actually writes the checks)? ME
    Who goes grocery shopping? BOTH
    Who takes out the trash? BOTH
    Who goes to the kids ballgames? N/A
    Who cleans inside the house? BOTH
    Who cleans the yard? BOTH
    Who's the designated driver? ME
    Who's nominated the best helper (always there when you need them)? HIM

Who does the laundry? HIM
    Who takes the recyclable trash in for refunds? HOMELESS GUY DOWN THE STREET
    Who fixes the car? HIM
    Who fixes the house? HIM
    Who "owns" the TV remote? HIM
    Who "owns" the computer? ME
    Who does the taxes? ME
    Who cuts hair? HAIRDRESSER/BARBER
    Who plays their music too loud? lol HIM!!!!!!

Comment

Who pays the bills (not necessarily making the $$$, but actually writes the checks)? ME
      Who goes grocery shopping? BOTH
      Who takes out the trash? him
      Who goes to the kids ballgames? us
      Who cleans inside the house? him
      Who cleans the yard? him
      Who's the designated driver? him
      Who's nominated the best helper (always there when you need them)? tutu
      Who does the laundry? me
      Who takes the recyclable trash in for refunds? no one
      Who fixes the car? oscar's
      Who fixes the house? him
      Who "owns" the TV remote? our 6 year old
      Who "owns" the computer? ME
      Who does the taxes? ME
      Who cleans the parrot cages? him
      Who plays their music too loud? him

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
        Who goes to the kids ballgames? n/a.. although, I gotta' go out and support my nephew who's a center with the Kapolei Hurricanes. They play tomorrow at Farrington HS.
        And indeed I did that. But actually, it was postponed to last night. And it wasn't at Farrington, it was at Roosevelt H.S., where the Kapolei Hurricanes WHIPPED McKinley 42-27! And my nephew's not a center, he's a nose guard. My sister had that confused.

The Kapolei hurricanes beat Damien last week 14-0 in a non-league game. He was frustrated because, being a junior newby, he was sidelined the entire game on that one, but last night's game he got plenty of playtime.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I like how you elaborated the regimented tasking structure here. Mahalo!

Funny how you say you get "territorial" when you cook. My sister is the same way! If she's in the kitchen, don't even ask to help wash dishes. She'll deny you, preferring to do it herself. Fine! I'm just fine watching the Military Channel with your husband, while you slave in the kitchen.

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
          Hubby and I pay most of our bills online. Discussions always ensue regarding large purchases, and both of us have different pots of money with different goals. We are on the same page wrt money, honed at the knees of our "merchant class" parents/grandparents.

We have a chore list that rotates weekly. Boys and girls both share in all tasks. I like to cook, so I get pretty territorial over that duty. My husband and the kids like to sit in a circle on the floor and fold clothes, and they usually do that. As for fixing items, it depends. My husband fixes certain equipment as a trade. I fix the computers and certain electronics, because I know how, and my husband is inexperienced/a bit afraid of electricity.

We like food shopping, and that is an activity we do separately or together, several times a week for veggies and bread. We are not "costco" kind of people.
          Last edited by Pomai; August 26, 2007, 01:12 PM. Reason: dishwasher not required
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

To the following, generally me:
            Who takes out the trash?
            Who's the designated driver?
            Who fixes the car?
            Who fixes the house?
            Who "owns" the TV remote?
            Who "owns" the computer?
            Who plays their music too loud?
            Generally she:
            Who cleans inside the house?
            Who does the laundry?
            Equally shared:
            Who pays the bills (not necessarily making the $$$, but actually writes the checks)?
            Who goes grocery shopping?
            Who's nominated the best helper (always there when you need them)?
            Who does the taxes?
            The remainder don't apply (no yard, no kids, different recycling structure here.)

Comment

I would LOVE to answer, but my wife won't let me
              flickr

An email from God:
              To: People of Earth
              Date: 9/04/2007
              Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
              God

Comment

Who does what in your household? Who? would be either/and MOM, DAD, DAUGHTER, SON, GRANDMOTHER, GRANDFATHER, ROOM MATE, or other household and family member(s).
                Who goes grocery shopping? BOTH of us
                Who takes out the trash? BOTH of us, but usually me
                Who goes to the kids ballgames? N/A
                Who cleans inside the house? Both of us, but not often enough.
                Who cleans the yard? N/A
                Who's the designated driver? Usually Not necessary, but I don't drink, so....
                ME

Who does the laundry? She does, usually.
                Who takes the recyclable trash in for refunds? N/A
                Who fixes the car? The repair guy
                Who fixes the house? Me, or a maintanence guy
                Who "owns" the TV remote? Whomever wins the wrestling match to get it.
                Sunday Nights on HBO are mine, tho'. No contest.
                Who "owns" the computer? Everyone, we have like, 5.
                Who does the taxes? Both do our own
                Who cuts hair? A professional
                Who plays their music too loud? lol - WHAT ? did you say somethin' ???.......oh......ME. Playing loud music pays the bills around here. :-)
                http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Who pays the bills (not necessarily making the $$$, but actually writes the checks)?
                  he pays his, i pay mine…until mid-october. we both make the money, spend the money, and save some money.

Who goes grocery shopping?
                  mostly me. he hates waiting in lines. if grocery shopping were easy to do online, then he'd do the shopping.

Who takes out the trash?
                  him at his house, me and him at mine….until mid-october.

Who goes to the kids ballgames?
                  not applicable.

Who cleans inside the house?
                  he cleans his, i clean mine….until mid-october.

Who cleans the yard?
                  not applicable. we're both so busy with our jobs and/or school, we’ve both negligently killed potted plants in the four years we’ve been together so forget about a yard.

Who's the designated driver?
                  depends whose vehicle, who’s sober, who’s tired, who knows best and quickest how to get where we’re going, and who feels like driving.

he is, for me; i am, for him.

Who does the laundry?
                  depends whose place we’re at…until mid-october

Who takes the recyclable trash in for refunds?
                  he does.

Who fixes the car?
                  he does.

Who fixes the house?
                  he does.

Who "owns" the TV remote?
                  he does at his house, i do at mine…until mid-october, and then i guess i take the remote and run and then he runs after me and tickles me until i give it up.

Who "owns" the computer?
                  laptop his; mac mini mine.

Who does the taxes?
                  a very nice gentleman accountant who’s known eric’s family for quite a while.

Who cuts hair?
                  his: a’s barber or joanne at salon picasso. mine: jaime at the fixx or joanne at salon picasso.

Who plays their music too loud?
                  depends on the kind of music. if it’s mobb deep or slick rick or velvet revolver, it’s him. if it’s abba, john legend, or carl orff, it’s me.

karen, in case you've been waiting with bated breath since friday, let me save you from suffocation. meet me at the "women in a man's world" thread (which you erroneously called the "women's lib" thread ).
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I like how you elaborated the regimented tasking structure here. Mahalo!

Funny how you say you get "territorial" when you cook. My sister is the same way! If she's in the kitchen, don't even ask to help wash dishes. She'll deny you, preferring to do it herself. Fine! I'm just fine watching the Military Channel with your husband, while you slave in the kitchen.
                    Military channel my eye. Grab da hangas, get ova dea and help fold clothes! No forget to shake out the dresses! I no like wrinkles!

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                      Grab da hangas, get ova dea and help fold clothes! No forget to shake out the dresses! I no like wrinkles!
                      Oooh, I'm starting to think that you're our resident dominatrix!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

feh. I'm a Surrendered Wife.

bawahahahaha! I cannot keep a straight face!

...seriously, my husband enjoys folding clothes with the kids and it does go back to the habits he picked up in the army as well as his current job as firefighter. Tending to uniforms and making neat stacks of folded clothes relaxes him. I cook and they all stay out of my hair as they jam the laundry. When they are done, I am usually done, and it is time to eat. Isn't it all about divvying up the chores and working together? Because he and I were together since we were so young, we did grow up together in a very real sense, and found our groove over this/that duty. I will say this, certain things he knows how to do just reminds me why I greatly admire him.

pax

Comment

Who pays the bills (not necessarily making the $$$, but actually writes the checks)? Wifey
                          Who goes grocery shopping? Wifey
                          Who takes out the trash? Me
                          Who goes to the kids ballet, gymnastics, piano? Wifey
                          Who cleans inside the house? Maid Service
                          Who cleans the yard? Yardman Noli
                          Who's the designated driver? Wifey - I have Road Grouchiness.
                          Who's nominated the best helper (always there when you need them)? Granny

Who washes the cars? The rain.
                          Who cooks? Wifey
                          Who's the designated dishwasher? Me
                          Who washes baby bottles? Me
                          Who changes baby diapers? Both of us
                          Who gives the kids a bath? Both of us

This was fun to think about when not in a heated discussion with the other half...

Comment

All of the above? Me. I'm hyper-active. Can't keep still.
                            Although I nominate him as The Best Helper -- 'cause he brings home da bacon!
                            So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Fun! My unorthodox life surfaces......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who pays the bills (not necessarily making the $$$, but actually writes the checks)? Automated online
                              Who goes grocery shopping? Both---its fun!
                              Who takes out the trash? Hubby
                              Who goes to the kids ballet, gymnastics, piano? No kids
                              Who cleans inside the house? Robots (www.irobot.com)
                              Who cleans the yard? Nature
                              Who's the designated driver? Hubby
                              Who's nominated the best helper (always there when you need them)? Mommy on the ML

Who washes the cars? Again, nature
                              Who cooks? MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!
                              Who's the designated dishwasher? A little machine we call "dishwasher"
                              Who washes baby bottles? No kids
                              Who changes baby diapers? No kids
                              Who gives the kids a bath? No kids

I guess not having kids answers a lot of these. I like to automate things as much as possible. Seriously----i love the robots from irobot folks. Not perfect, but they are on schedule and run and take care of floors. You know the old saying, "so go her floors, so goes her life". A clean floor makes me feel prosperous!

Comment

Who pays the bills (not necessarily making the $$$, but actually writes the checks)? Her
                                Who goes grocery shopping? Her
                                Who takes out the trash? Me
                                Who goes to the kids ballgames?Both go to nephew's games
                                Who cleans inside the house?Mostly Her
                                Who cleans the yard? Me
                                Who's the designated driver? Her
                                Who's nominated the best helper (always there when you need them)?Her

Comment

Working...
                                X