Bank ATM Malfunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank ATM Malfunction

I'm curious if anyone used a ATM that malfunctioned and withdrew money out of your account. But didn't give you your money. That's what happened when I used the Kona Safeway BoH ATM. It withdrew 260.00 out of my account after I tried twice to withdraw money (It said I reached my daily limit twice). I called up BoH and they confirmed the ATM malfunctioned and was repaired after I used it.

I've already filed a claim with my local bank. But the lady said it may be weeks before I get my money back
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Re: Bank ATM Malfunction

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
    But the lady said it may be weeks before I get my money back
    Then charge them interest on that amount.
    Seriously. Fair is fair.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
      I'm curious if anyone used a ATM that malfunctioned and withdrew money out of your account. But didn't give you your money. That's what happened when I used the Kona Safeway BoH ATM. It withdrew 260.00 out of my account after I tried twice to withdraw money (It said I reached my daily limit twice). I called up BoH and they confirmed the ATM malfunctioned and was repaired after I used it.

I've already filed a claim with my local bank. But the lady said it may be weeks before I get my money back
      Same thing just happened to me at an ASB ATM. When I called Customer Service, the lady said the computer was able to catch the error once it realized the ATM didn't spit out money. The amount was credited back to my account immediately.

I was told to verify that when I received my bank statement, and she was right.
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I always use the "blistering Telephone" method whenever somebody is trying to stall me.

Call them up. Call them again. Ask for the supervisor, manager, janitor, owner, and anybody else. Call them again. Right away. Burn up those phone lines. If you have more than one line in your home, and a cell phone, it works really good. Fill up their voicemail. Call them again. Right away. Leave a message. Tell them you will hold for as long as it takes. Then call them on the cell phone while you are holding on the hard line.

You will have your money by the end of the day.
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I wish they could immediately recover the money. But unfortunately I'm not a BoH customer. I just used my debit card at one of their ATMs. Thus my bank has to file claim against BoH to recover the money. On the upside, as soon as they receive authorization my bank can reimburse me without waiting for BoH.But the million dollar question is when that will happen.

Update:I just a e-mail back from my bank.I just got word today that my account got credited what was taken out by that malfunctioning BoH ATM.
          Last edited by Konaguy; September 19, 2008, 07:29 AM.
          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
          The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
          X