Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Squelettes: Unfinished Buildings in Honolulu

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    So, where are the squelettes in Honolulu? One of the most massive has to be the development at Victoria Ward Centers, mauka of Queen St., next to Hokua.

Whole Foods has pushed back the opening date of its Hawaii flagship store to late 2010.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...=rss_localnews

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    And it looks to me like the high-rise condo on Kapiolani Blvd., makai of McKinley and east of Ward Ave., is also pretty much stalled.

The Moana Vista condo is going through foreclosure and the nearly halfway completed project will be auctioned off to the highest bidder in a couple of weeks.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...losure+auction
    Last edited by Frankie's Market; September 12, 2009, 11:18 AM.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Re: Squelettes: Unfinished Buildings in Honolulu

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
      The first owner was the man from Indonesia. Da one who bought plenny properties and den he wen go holo some place else. I tried to look foa his name but I keep spelling it wrong. Starts with S.

The building now belongs to Bishop Estate. It's been rumored to be torn down and den again to be fixed up.
      As of now, that is no longer a rumor. When I passed by the site of King/Kokea streets yesterday, that never-completed building was reduced to a huge pile of rubble.

Incredible! A building that was slowly built up on an on-and-off again basis for about 20 years ends up getting demolished before it was ever used. I think that project will go down in people's memory as "Sukamto's Folly."
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
      X