Wisteria Restaurant site to become 7-Eleven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisteria Restaurant site to become 7-Eleven

Funny we used to call that Kaimuki, or Kalihi. Urban villages. Sounds like a name for a rock group: It's Urban Village and they're heating up the burbs with their smash hit...I Rake My Yard.

Imagine HGTV's new show, Pimp My Pressure Washer! Washing off graffitti with a monster powered pressure washer...Phyto be gone!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      I have nothing against 7-Elevens per se, except isn't it kinda odd that this one will be built a couple of blocks away from one that currently exists?
      It's not the first time that 7-11 does this. There are a couple of 7-11 close to Honolulu Community College, one is on Dillingham Blvd, the other is on North King Street and both are on or close to Kohou Street.

Of course it would have been nice if that site had a Wendy's to it.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe

I'm sorry Wisteria wasn't the greatest (anymore) and I'm not too sad to see them leave. Now if Kam Bowl shuts down in Kalihi, now that would be tragic...I mean EVERYBODY KNOWS that when you want the best Ox Tail soup..it's Kam Bowl! And please if Libby's Manapua decides to close, Please let me know! As far I'm concerned, they make the best pork hash!
        I've heard rumors about Kam Bowl closing, its getting hit with alot of graffiti and the outside of the building is really showing its age. If Kenny's Burger House across the street can be sold, torn down and turn into a booming McDonalds, then I'm sure the owners of Kam Bowl are looking to see what can be developed there as well.

KalihiBoy

Comment

I'm sad to hear of this. Kam Bowl holds a lot of memories for me when I was in Int. School...must not forget their onolicious "OXTAIL SOUP!" another one will be biting the dust.....sad, truly sad.
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

OH man that is sad. I hope the cooks move (again) to another location. They used to be at a small hole in the wall at the old Universal Motors site where the Convention center is now.

You know what would be a great idea...to get all existing old school eateries that are threatened to close and make one grand food court somewhere where we can all enjoy the best of the best.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
              OH man that is sad. I hope the cooks move (again) to another location. They used to be at a small hole in the wall at the old Universal Motors site where the Convention center is now.

You know what would be a great idea...to get all existing old school eateries that are threatened to close and make one grand food court somewhere where we can all enjoy the best of the best.
              That's the best idea I ever heard of. MAMA'S or Benny's (not existing) but would definitely be there. I'm sure many of the cooks who know the secrets of the specialties, would love to combine all their talents and create a place such as you described. If only....ahhh to dream the impossible dream.

Any Tycoon Investors out there?
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I passed by the former Wisteria site and noticed that on the fence is not only a 7-Eleven sign, but also a 76 gasoline sign. So that's what the rest of the lot will be used for.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken all the Unocal stations were supposed to be bought by the investment company that bought The Gas Company a couple of years ago. About a year ago K-1 Ventures was planning on acquiring all the Union 76 stations to get into the gas retail business. The Gas Company was later sold to another investment company about a month ago.

Comment

They're not even Unocal 76 stations any more. Instead, the new signs say Conoco-Philips 76. Gee, it's hard to keep the brands straight!

Comment

wisteria lives... sorta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3WVGkGHyNM

Comment

OMG, it's Kimo. Howzit brah, long time no see.

Comment

Yeah - don't be a ninja poster.

Comment

howzit. tanx.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55 View Post
                              howzit. tanx.
                              No, tank you for that video. Brought back many memories . . . even met Frank De Lima in the bar there. He still had some sparkly makeup on.
                              Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Sad -- I hate these national chains Local stores for the win!

Comment

Working...
                                X