Hawaiian Telcom: The Transition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaiian Telcom: The Transition

Is anyone else having problems with their routers? I tried the two linksys routers and I can't get online via them: I had to connect my laptop directly to the modem.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

No problem here. My D-Link router is still purring along with no problems.
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

I get occasional flickering lights at the DSL modem side, but the router seems to be ok.

Aaron, my troubles last week seem to have cleared up (knock wood). I reseated every cable I had and I'm leaving the DSL modem plugged in 24/7. I haven't had a problem since I did that.
        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
          Aaron, my troubles last week seem to have cleared up (knock wood). I reseated every cable I had and I'm leaving the DSL modem plugged in 24/7. I haven't had a problem since I did that.

Well thats good to hear.Hopefully you won't have further problems *knock on wood*
          The Kona Blog

Comment

Important HawTel Transition Info

Something to keep in mind during this bumpy transition period from Verizon
            to Hawaiian Telcom. It is very important that you retain your Master e-mail
            account information that you signed up with Verizon Online.If you do not, you will not be able to modify your e-mail accounts on http://www.hawaiiantel.net/
            The Kona Blog

Comment

Re: Important HawTel Transition Info

Well, actually, we'll have the ability to reset the passwords and such sometime next week.

And again, the user ID is your username@hawaiiantel.net
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                Well, actually, we'll have the ability to reset the passwords and such sometime next week.
                I was only mentioning it because if you want to do changes now you'd be
                SOL if you didn't have your Master e-mail account info. I learned that today
                while doing e-mail changes for one of my parents friends.
                The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
                  I was only mentioning it because if you want to do changes now you'd be
                  SOL if you didn't have your Master e-mail account info. I learned that today
                  while doing e-mail changes for one of my parents friends.
                  Define Master e-mail account info. Besides the original username and password, what else is there?

Comment

Define Master e-mail account info. Besides the original username and password, what else is there?
                    When you setup your Verizon Online account the first time, the user name
                    and password you create is your master e-mail account. It cannot be changed
                    and is the only way you can access/modify your sub e-mail accounts.
                    The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
                      When you setup your Verizon Online account the first time, the user name
                      and password you create is your master e-mail account. It cannot be changed
                      and is the only way you can access/modify your sub e-mail accounts.
                      Ah. Okay, then. I have no sub-accounts, and I know the Verizon data upside down and backwards (and I may even have it written down, too).

Thanks.

Comment

Ah. Okay, then. I have no sub-accounts, and I know the Verizon data upside down and backwards (and I may even have it written down, too).

Thanks.
                        I wasn't sure how HawTel was going to handle this aspect until today. As their
                        portal was not up until today. I spent 30 minutes helping one of my dads friends
                        with configuring a whole bunch of sub accounts and found out this is how HawTel is going to do this.
                        The Kona Blog

Comment

I finally got around to dealing with this thing yesterday. I went to the hawiiantel site and could not log in with any accounts. After a call to 643-4375, I was told that none of our accounts had been transitioned over. Herman, the rep, quickly created a new master account (same name, plus a numeral 2 after it) and gave us a new password. I was able to log in and create subaccounts and aliases. We will see if our verizon mail makes to the haw'ntel accounts.

btw, I really love this forum for the way people share their frustrations, their solutions, and especially their humor. Mahaloz to everybody that contributes!

Tim

Comment

I just logged in to the new account. I guess it was a good thing that I didn't use much besides the connection. No need for changes to webpage links, email and etc.

Comment

Originally posted by alohatim
                              I finally got around to dealing with this thing yesterday. I went to the hawiiantel site and could not log in with any accounts. After a call to 643-4375, I was told that none of our accounts had been transitioned over. Herman, the rep, quickly created a new master account (same name, plus a numeral 2 after it) and gave us a new password. I was able to log in and create subaccounts and aliases. We will see if our verizon mail makes to the haw'ntel accounts.

btw, I really love this forum for the way people share their frustrations, their solutions, and especially their humor. Mahaloz to everybody that contributes!

Tim
                              Aloha Tim, We try our best! I'm glad you think so. Hmmm..so the rep's name was Herman? You sure wasn't Adrian? nah, nah, JOKE!

Take care and thanks for the appreciating our Ohana.

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I'm just sooo glad my email situation is working now!
                                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X