Hawaiian Telcom: The Transition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaiian Telcom: The Transition

My folks got a double billing and they tried and tried to reach a live person at Hawaiian TelCom and got frustrated with a seemingly endless wait. This must have been before the recordings. I got a double billing and didn't even bother to try to contact them. I paid them, and have always paid them, on time. It's up to them to straighten out their messed up records.

Comment

I actually was triple billed for last month. The website shows a double payment but my bank statement shows three. I called them up last Friday. They acknowledged that I was billed twice but couldn't find the third payment on their records. They told me to call back on Monday.

Comment

I think they really under estimated the scope of transitioning to an in-house
        back office operation. If hindsight was 20/20, they should've "rented"
        Verizon's back office operations for a few more months. They did that for
        two months already from February through March 2006.
        Check out my blog on Kona issues :
        The Kona Blog

Comment

I know I said I wouldn't bother but I decided I should make sure my phone bills were correct so that it wouldn't adversely impact my phone service. I finally reached someone at Hawaiian TelCom to discuss my billing. I asked the person to tell me my current balance because I made a payment this month, on time as all my payments have been, and soon thereafter received a bill that looked like a double bill and enough time has passed that they should have received my payment. The person said the current balance was the double amount. I asked the person to confirm whether they received the payment I sent this month in case the check got lost in the mail or something. The person said they received my payment the day after I sent it (well before the due date). Then I asked, even taking into account that payment, my balance is still the double amount? Then the person said they had to check something and then said no. It's only half the amount. So apparently Hawaiian TelCom's system doesn't adjust what their representatives see as the current balance due on an account even if they have received a payment. It seems to be two separate parts of their system.

The wait was annoyingly long so I tried to access my account information from their website since my billing statement says we can do that. However, it looks like we can only access our account information online if we allow them to automatically deduct payments from our bank accounts. Given how messed up their billing system seems to be, I don't want them automatically accessing my bank account.

Comment

Since I'm cheap ($0.39 for a stamp!) and since HawTel has a store at Pearlridge which I drive past every day, I walk my payment in and get a printed receipt. That way I've got a little backup during this turbulent mucked-up time.

I don't suggest it's a remedy for everyone.
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Billing woes overwhelm Hawaiian Telcom systems
              Hawaiian Telcom's transition problems surged yesterday as a flood of calls from customers with billing inquiries overloaded the phone company's call center, leaving some callers unable to reach even a recorded message... The problem is so severe that Hawaiian Telcom is asking customers who believe they received an erroneous bill to disregard the flaws, pay only what they actually owe and refrain from calling the company to discuss the errors.
              Sounds like they're going to have to run those "please go easy on us!" television commercials a little longer than initially budgeted.

What a mess. My mom got an incorrect bill, too. I told her to just pay for the one month. "What if they cut off our service?" she asked. I thought about it for a moment. "The way things are going over there, I doubt they'd notice, anyway. But if they cut you off, I don't really think you'd miss 'em." After all, it seems as if "land lines" are mostly targets for telemarketers, cell phones are cheap, and internet service is available elsewhere. It's a realization I'm sure more and more customers are coming to these days.
              Last edited by pzarquon; June 21, 2006, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Similar story in today's Advertiser at this link.
                Sure am glad I'm not a Hawaiian Telcom customer.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

With all the technological and billing challenges Hawaiian Telephone has experienced in its short existence, would anyone want to order cable service from them too?

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                    With all the technological and billing challenges Hawaiian Telephone has experienced in its short existence, would anyone want to order cable service from them too?

Miulang
                    Waves hand in the air! ME!!!

I had technological problems when I first got connected to DSL through HawnTel. Other than that - no pilikia. Absolutely no problems regarding billing. I dunno wat all the fuss is about.

Wait. I neva go check my mail yet.

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

• Re: Hawaiian Telcom: The Transition

Originally posted by Miulang
                      Well they can't be worse than Oceanic Time Warner. It bugs the heck out of
                      me when I call them up and I'm left on hold. Rather frustrating indeed. I'm actually looking forward to them rolling out IPTV

HawTel's Application to DCCA
                      The Kona Blog

Comment

I get automatic bill payment, and it's late. How can automatic bill payment be late? Under Verizon says, it was taken out every time, on time and without problems.

Maybe they will turn off service because HT forgot to pay my bill automatically???

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
                          I get automatic bill payment, and it's late. How can automatic bill payment be late? Under Verizon says, it was taken out every time, on time and without problems.

Maybe they will turn off service because HT forgot to pay my bill automatically???
                          If you had automatic bill payment under Verizon, I don't think it transferred to Haw'n Tel. You have to set it again at the HT website.

Comment

Was working good until they had billing problems. My automatically bill payment was transferred from VZ to HT.

Sprint did that once to me before. They disconnected me for a 42-cent balance on the account (yup, they have a policy in place that they don't want you to pay any bill less than a $1, so I did ... ignored the bill, even after calling Sprint 3x and confirming if I had to pay a 42-cents bill or not)

Comment

I was reading Hawaiian Telcom's response to the DCCA-CATV division today and
                              stumbled upon something very interesting. I had read in a Honolulu Advertiser
                              article in May that only Hawaiian Telcom DSL customers could get IPTV service.
                              If you read my blog, apparently they've backtracked on that requirement.

http://aaronstene.blogspot.com/2006/...ce-update.html
                              The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X