Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Walgreens in Hawaii?

Originally posted by Random View Post
    So, who's going to the grand opening (11/01)?
    I'm strongly considering it. I have a few things to get anyway, so it might be fun to see what they cost there. Does anyone know what the hours are?

Edit:
    Ahh. The Walgreens.com store locator says it's 24hours.
    1488 Kapiolani Blvd., Honolulu, HI 96814

Phone
    (808) 949-8500

Store Hours
    Open 24 Hours

Pharmacy Hours
    Open 24 Hours

Store Number
    Last edited by scrivener; November 1, 2007, 05:56 AM. Reason: "...won't you lay me down in the tall grass and let me do my stuff?"
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Since I live close by and can walk to the new Walgreens for their Grand Opening, I'll probably take a peek after work, if it's not raining.

Comment

So, who's going to the grand opening (11/01)?
        Not I! I have yet to enter Sam's Club/WalMart. It'll probably take me as long, if not longer, to get to Walgreens!

Comment

I checked out the coupons as well. If you notice on the coupons, it has the dates they are good starting 10/31. So I called Walgreens and they said they actually had a "soft opening" yesterday, and that the store would "officially open" at 9am today.

Comment

They had a canopy up in the parking lot this morning with some tables and staffers around trying to get ready.

Comment

Picked up a pair of binoculars, was only $10. My current pair is 7x35, the one from Walgreens is 7x50.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                Not I! I have yet to enter Sam's Club/WalMart. It'll probably take me as long, if not longer, to get to Walgreens!
                Why? You gonna walk from Makaha? You know we have buses and taxis, right? You know, call 422-2222 for tutu?

Took me over a year (after the store's opening) before I set foot on Ke'eamoku Wal-Mart. I procrastinated until one day I went.

I'm thinking of either tomorrow or Saturday when (I hope) it's not too busy.
                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Took a look at pics and images posted on Advertiser and it looks pretty much like the Walgreens here that I shop at.
                  Nice to see the workers uniform is Aloha Attire.

As usual the aisles are narrow but yeah its based on the space usage of the store. At least its not anything like the one over in Downtown Berkeley or in Castro San Francisco.

Supa Supa narrow. Only can fit one person based on what direction you are going in and if another person coming the other way ya gotta squeeze so that you can pass each udda. Not easy on big guys like me.

Walgreens definately has good deals but their stock is mainly (don't wanna say cheap but....) Low priced knicks and knacks plus the basic necessities.
                  They have groceries but down here is very limited. I would NOT cross off other stores like Safeway off of da list yet.

Still waiting on Cafe W where I live down the Peninsula end of the Bay Area which select Walgreens has self serve Sodas and ICEE!!!
                  Found one in another part of Berekley over by the college campus.

Comment

Why? You gonna walk from Makaha? You know we have buses and taxis, right? You know, call 422-2222 for tutu?
                    <tee hee> Haven't tried 422-2222 yet; only 524-2121!

Why? 'Cuz, as mentioned in other threads, I'd rather have a root canal than go shopping. I do spend an inordinate amount of time within walking distance of Ala Moana Center which is within walking distance of Sam's Club/Walmart...and, now, Walgreens! No matter...loathe shopping! [...][/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                      Still waiting on Cafe W where I live down the Peninsula end of the Bay Area which select Walgreens has self serve Sodas and ICEE!!!
                      They have self serve soda and ICEE machines at the Keeaumoku street location. Don't know what they are charging.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                        They have self serve soda and ICEE machines at the Keeaumoku street location. Don't know what they are charging.
                        YAY!! My wife is going to hate that store because we only live 1/2 block from the walgreens, and I'm an icee/slurpee junkee.

Comment

<tee hee> Haven't tried 422-2222 yet; only 524-2121!
                          I know. Mo' cheap. Sadly the latter company have a smaller fleet of cabs than 422-2222. Good fo' picking up at home, not good fo' picking up after you finished shopping (or after visit from the docta).

Why? 'Cuz, as mentioned in other threads, I'd rather have a root canal than go shopping. I do spend an inordinate amount of time within walking distance of Ala Moana Center which is within walking distance of Sam's Club/Walmart...and, now, Walgreens! No matter...loathe shopping! [...]
                          If I didn't know you, I'd say you're a man. Rarely one would find a wahine who hate shopping.

Comment

Originally posted by Kittrick View Post
                            YAY!! My wife is going to hate that store because we only live 1/2 block from the walgreens, and I'm an icee/slurpee junkee.
                            Sadly, icee addiction is on the rise these days. There are more incidents of brain-freeze from icee than from smoking marijuana.

Comment

I know. Mo' cheap. Sadly the latter company have a smaller fleet of cabs than 422-2222. Good fo' picking up at home, not good fo' picking up after you finished shopping (or after visit from the docta).
                              But always worth a call first. I actually use City Taxi quite a bit and have either had them say "too busy" or me say "I can't wait that long" twice. It really is a "small town" service. One day I sent my daughter to the airport via City Taxi and later that day that cab company was called by Anapuni808. She PMed me that evening about the coincidence!
                              If I didn't know you, I'd say you're a man. Rarely one would find a wahine who hate shopping.
                              My eldest spawn also got the anti-shopping gene. Trouble is, I don't know where I got it. A mutation from way back I s'pose!

Comment

NE1 remember the Long's Song?

Come in to Long's
                                Where they make the price behave
                                Your neighbors shop at Long's
                                Where all Hawai'i saves,
                                More that just drug stores,
                                Thousands of bargains galore!
                                They're mighty long on value
                                At Long's Drug Store!

I hope I got the words right, cool song.

In California they have Long's and Walgreens both, and I like them both. I like Walgreens, the story on 'em I heard was they refuse to sell alcohol because the family that founded it had a son die from a drunk driving accident. Walgreens is often open late, and the people who work at 'em are always nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X