Walgreens in Hawaii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Walgreens in Hawaii?

Walgreens pharmacy kicks serious booty! I just transferred my prescriptions over to them from Longs. In return, you get a $20 gift certificate for the store. In addition, the medicine that I take is roughly 1/2 price of what they were at longs. I paid $5 for the prescription at Longs when Walgreens offers the same at $2.99 . Plus they are open 24 hours a day and close to where I live.

Comment

That's great to hear. I get my prescription meds (two different eyedrops for high eye pressures) from Kaiser. It's too bad it was never really answered in this thread whether or not it would be advantageous for Kaiser members to try to get their prescriptions through Walgreens.

Either way, I'm eager for the opening of the Kapalama store. It doesn't look like ANYthing has been done there, except for the already-mentioned chain-link fence.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        I'm eager for the opening of the Kapalama store. It doesn't look like ANYthing has been done there, except for the already-mentioned chain-link fence.
        Interesting. The exact same thing is true here in Kaneohe. The former supermarket on the site has been razed to the ground, but now... nothing but a chain link fence.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          The former supermarket on the site has been razed to the ground, but now... nothing but a chain link fence.
          And a security guard.

Comment

I noticed that a back door at the old bowling alley in Kapalama had been open a few times, and canvas view-blockers were hung on the chain-link fence. Then the lot was opened up for one of those fireworks vendors. I walked over there, pretending to be interested in fireworks, but got a few photos of the building. There's one backhoe there, and I can see that while the entire exterior still stands (including the funky entryway), the area that used to be the snack bar is gutted.

What was the target date again? I'm eager to welcome it to the neighborhood.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

The demolition of the building will probably begin in mid February. Before the gross demolition occurs the asbestos must be removed, which is what is happenning now.

This is to prevent mixture of asbestos with general construction waste, and to prevent the asbestos from being dispersed into the air during gross demolition.

P.S. try not to spook the security gaurds There have been enough genuine weirdoes coming by!

Comment

What's the story with Kaneohe? It's been a flat lot for like 3 months now. No sign of anything coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo lolo View Post
                  I was not impressed by Walgreen's in Honolulu. Same parking problems Tower had but with more traffic. Narrow crowded aisles and EVERYTHING made in China. One and done on that location
                  I finally checked Walgreen's out of necessity, not desire! Only the pharmacy got me in the door. While waiting for my rx I wandered around. I wholeheartedly agree with Palolo lolo!

The parking was a real PITA! Because of that I asked if they have delivery service. Nope! Plans for a drive thru? Nope! The store felt kinda old and outdated to me. And those narrow aisles rank right up there with the parking. I'll stick with Longs for regular drugstore shopping but will have to visit Walgreens again out of necessity.

Comment

luckily I live right around the corner from walgreens, so I'm really lucky that I don't have to find parking. Everytime I pass by the store to or from the bus stop, there seems to be lots of parking, plus you can park against the wall next to the heald building.

Anyways, update on the prescription costs. I picked up my prescriptions the first time like the second day they were open. I think they hadn't worked things out with the HMSA's and HMO's yet, as when I went yesterday to pick up my medications again...one medication that I would have paid Long's the minimum $5 for was no charge, and everything else had a cap of $15 when they were $75 and not originally covered. For the record, I have HMSA. Man, was I pretty happy with the prices dropping like that!

24 hour pharmacy with lower prices on prescriptions...totally worth it if you have to find parking.

Comment

Kittrick...what times do you pass Walgreens? That's when I'll pick up my rx!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        Kittrick...what times do you pass Walgreens? That's when I'll pick up my rx!

On my way to work...like around 9am and on the way home from work, after 6p.m. . A lot of people don't realize that you can park against the wall if the lot is full, as I hardly ever see anyone park against it. That wall facing heald has "30 min. parking" signs along the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Kittrick View Post
                          [...]That wall facing heald has "30 min. parking" signs along the wall.
                          That's actually the only area where I've been able to find parking. Even then, I usually have to make a few passes around the block.

Comment

Kam Bowl looks to be almost half gone already, but I don't think they will be finished with a new Walgreens opening by March as I had heard in the past.

Looks more like demolition will be completed by March.

They build new McDonalds in around 90 days, wonder how long this Walgreens will take to be built.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                              Kam Bowl looks to be almost half gone already, but I don't think they will be finished with a new Walgreens opening by March as I had heard in the past.
                              That's not how it looks to me. That entire back part of the building, the side that faces the Kamehameha bus terminal, still looks totally the same, including the downstairs part. I hope they hurry it up!
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

personally, i think it's good competition for long's to have other pharmacies around such as walgreen's. i have summerlin and use walgreen's mail order plan. i'm wondering though if it would be cheaper to go to the store or maybe even sam's club?
                                "chaos reigns within.
                                reflect, repent and reboot.
                                order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Working...
                                X