Anyone did business with Primerica?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone did business with Primerica?

Well, I am in my 35th year. Kinda hard to believe I lasted this long!

The Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) designations cannot be obtained over a ten week period of study. At least, not the "real" ones which are recognized industry-wide. What you've described are company training programs and titles. I remember one traditional company, no longer in existence as it was acquired in a merger about a decade ago, whose agents would run print ads that they had obtained the C.L.U. title (Certified Life Underwriter). Actually, it was a company-sponsored program, not the recognized CLU designation (Chartered Life Underwriter) conferred by the American College of CLU and ChFC upon completion of ten examinations, experience, and ethics requirement. C.L.U. vs. CLU - the public could be misled.

ALW/Primerica played that game to the Nth degree. Dis you ever notice how many of their agents were RVPs (Regional Vice Presidents) or NSDs (National Sales Directors)? The "region" often consisted of a 30" x 60" desk! So many of them in just Hawaii!

Series 7 is a securities license (mutual funds, variable annuities). There's a separate one for being a stockbroker.
    Last edited by oceanpacific; September 6, 2006, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Re: Anyone did business with Primerica?

you gotta remember though that the ten week course was very intensive, like I said 40-hours of homework (actually review). You learned a lot in a few weeks. But yeah you don't become a broker just one that can provide decent financial advice. Heck I did pretty good even though I eventually dropped out and became one of the 90% somewhere around the 8th week of training. I simply got sick working two jobs, owning my own business, going back to UH as a full-time student at UH Continuing Ed. Oh yeah and occasionally partying out. I did have a life in there somewhere.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
      X