Target coming to Hawai'i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Target coming to Hawai'i?

Interesting article....... It shows that TARGET is tryin to get themselves to the 50th State. Like I said in my earlier post.....TARGET wants to buy the property of wherever they are goin and not pay rent to who owns/leases the space.

Comment

Looks like the first Hawai'i Target Store is going to be in Kapolei. Wonder how that would affect WM's deliberations about putting up a store nearby? It actually wouldn't surprise me if WM tried to put a Superstore somewhere in Kapolei too (one with a supermarket in it).

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
        Looks like the first Hawai'i Target Store is going to be in Kapolei. Wonder how that would affect WM's deliberations about putting up a store nearby? It actually wouldn't surprise me if WM tried to put a Superstore somewhere in Kapolei too (one with a supermarket in it).

Miulang
        There's already a KMart close by (can't remember if it's a superstore), a Costco in the planning stages and a most welcome Target on the drawing board. Walmart is a few miles away in Kunia. I just don't understand the possibility of putting another one in Kapolei.

Comment

Big KMart's have a limited grocery/consumables section. So technically they are not considered a superstore.
          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
          The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
            Big KMart's have a limited grocery/consumables section. So technically they are not considered a superstore.
            Ha! That shows ya how often I patronize 'em!

Comment

I lived near a Target and was less than thrilled with the quality and service.
              I once bought a shirt marked size L/T(large-tall). When I put it on it ended just north of my belt line. I am only 6 foot-zero".

Another time I bought vertical blinds that were marked on the outside of the box, Made in USA. Inside on the instructions it said made in China. An additional tag on the actual product said Made in Thailand. So maybe the box was made in USA, instructions printed in China and product made in T-land. The product was listed in the paper at a certain price. The shelf price reflected the sale. When brought to the front it scanned some wrong, very high price. I protested and the price check was begun. It took close to half an hour.

When I took the vertical blinds home they were flimsy and pretty much crumbled in my hands.

I once lived near a Target and was not impressed.

However, on the other hand they always had General Foods French Vanilla International Coffee for $2.99 and sometimes on sale, 3 for 8$. So I was a regular customer.
              You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

Latest list of who plans to open in Hawaii and who isn't.

http://starbulletin.com/2007/03/07/b...s/story01.html

Comment

Victoria's Secret have no plan to open in Hawaii.

Oh, well. There's always Frederick's of Hollywood to peep in.
                  Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Now I jus read that SALT LAKE is going to be the second one on OAHU in 2009?

http://starbulletin.com/2007/06/15/b...s/story01.html

I am still wishin for HONOLULU to be the next one on the list

Comment

It is interesting to read that Target has decided to forgo building a store on Kauai. As Kauai County has passed a strict big box ban legislation that caps
                      the size of the stores at 75K feet. Apparently Target is looking at building a store at the future Kona Commons project here in Kona. But that remains to be seen.
                      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                      The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                        Victoria's Secret have no plan to open in Hawaii.

Oh, well. There's always Frederick's of Hollywood to peep in.
                        if i understand correctly from store managers of VS, bath & body works and express, the parent company of those stores and co bigelow etc, limitedbrands, has no real interest in opening anything in hawaii. maybe for the same reasons trader joe's won't?

ah well. more reason for me to visit my mom in portland as often as i can! bonus of no sales tax, woo hoo!
                        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                          if i understand correctly from store managers of VS, bath & body works and express, the parent company of those stores and co bigelow etc, limitedbrands, has no real interest in opening anything in hawaii. maybe for the same reasons trader joe's won't?

ah well. more reason for me to visit my mom in portland as often as i can!
                          Your mom works in VS???

So, exactly how hot is your mom?
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                          X