Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Talent, Inc - Anyone Familiar w/ Them??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World Talent, Inc - Anyone Familiar w/ Them??

Ok...so I don't think it's a fake company...

I just think it may be running on some shady principles...

PZ as far as my typos go...yeah my signature say's it all... however I'm not getting paid or trying to recruit via HT... When I did have stuff published in a previous position that I held in 2000 that I was paid for... I made sure that everything was suitable for distribution.

If someone is trying to run a legitimate business... you would think they would cross the t's and dot the i's.
    Last edited by damontucker; August 29, 2006, 10:04 PM. Reason: clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      [...]If someone is trying to run a legitimate business... you would think they would cross the t's and dot the i's.
      I run a legitimate business, Manoa, and I make typos on my web site. Sometimes I catch them...sometimes someone else does! My web host is on the mainland. My web master lives in Mililani and has 3 adorable kids and a sweetheart of a wife!

The typo you quoted, "bestof", is hardly enough by which to judge a business; so manini as to be unworthy of any mention.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
        B-b-b-but...look at that face! Feminine to da max. And the hat? No guy in his right (or wrong) mind would dare wear such a designer delicacy.

Sorry, Guest, couldn't resist! Just having a little fun!
        Feminine to da max is right! How could I miss that...that...image of loveliness (is what I was trying to say). Hey, why do I get the feeling that everybody knows everybody here...except for me? Guess I'm paying my dues.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest 009
          [...]Hey, why do I get the feeling that everybody knows everybody here...except for me? Guess I'm paying my dues.
          The longer you play in this cyber sandbox the more kids you'll get to know! If you live on Oahu there are opportunities to play in a real sandbox, meeting HTers face to face...such as this Saturday.

Comment

Oops...been off HT for a bit. Saturday came and went. My schedule does get crazy...(probably more me than my schedule)! Let me know if anything else pops up.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazen
              Bottom line I'm wondering if they are legitimate or is this all a big scam?
              This is an interesting post to me. I have heard of them. I signed up my daughter almost a year ago. She loves the opportunities and (I think) quality training she has recieved. Last week she had an audition with Disney! I think thats great for hawaii kids to get this exposure.

I agree that you should always do your research and there are allot of scams out there in the modeling business...BUT, from my experience they have done everything they said they would. I think it is REALISTIC for people to need training and to know the right people to get into the business. I checked around and for a year of training it's a pretty good deal.

They aren't an agency, they train kids, get them ready for the business and get them big auditions. I think an agency just asking for money to represent you is a scam, so you have to be careful. Ask what do you get in return for your money--always!
              I do know that my daughters classmate/ friend booked a tv series with them. we're still trying out and having fun and my daughter is more confident than ever!!

AND yes modeling AGENCIES asking for money are a scam, but they aren't an agency?! It would be wise to know what we're talking about before jumping on the bandwagon and pulling out the pitchfork on a company that offers a great service for kids here in hawaii.

my daughter developed her acting and is more confident now because of world talent, they train kids to act and give them auditions.

would you try to deface a school that teachers kids how to sing and introduces them to record producers? or how about one that teaches kids dance and can get them in with big dance companies? same thing. you get what you pay for, my daughter wants to act and she needed to learn how to do it, i don't expect them to teach her for free! i think people hear modeling/acting + money and they assume it's a scam and jump to conclusions, not really fair for a business (coming from a business owner myself).

Comment

Originally posted by mangomamma
                AND yes modeling AGENCIES asking for money are a scam, but they aren't an agency?! It would be wise to know what you're talking about before jumping on the bandwagon and pulling out the pitchfork on a company that offers a great service for kids here in hawaii.
                To whom was this comment directed?

I run a legitimate business, Manoa, and I make typos on my web site. Sometimes I catch them...sometimes someone else does! My web host is on the mainland. My web master lives in Mililani and has 3 adorable kids and a sweetheart of a wife!

The typo you quoted, "bestof", is hardly enough by which to judge a business; so manini as to be unworthy of any mention.
                From what I saw, the site is packed with grammatical and spelling errors and misused words, not just mere typos.

Speaking of young talent, Sue, are you still at Aloha Tower on Saturdays? I'd love to join you again sometime, if you'll have me! That was a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                  From what I saw, the site is packed with grammatical and spelling errors and misused words, not just mere typos.
                  My comment was directed only to Manoa's reaction to 'bestof'. I chose not to comment on the rest of the site.
                  Speaking of young talent, Sue, are you still at Aloha Tower on Saturdays? I'd love to join you again sometime, if you'll have me! That was a lot of fun.
                  The singing competition hosted by Al Waterson and organized by his wife, Nancy Bernal, is every Sunday night at Don Ho's. Each Sunday of the month features a different age group...from keiki to seniors. </plug!> I don't judge every week but I love attending whenever I can. It's a fun evening! You're always welcome, Maddie. I'll PM you!

Comment

My comment was directed only to Manoa's reaction to 'bestof'. I chose not to comment on the rest of the site.
                    Got it. Sorry I butted in!

The singing competition hosted by Al Waterson and organized by his wife, Nancy Bernal, is every Sunday night at Don Ho's. Each Sunday of the month features a different age group...from keiki to seniors. </plug!> I don't judge every week but I love attending whenever I can. It's a fun evening! You're always welcome, Maddie. I'll PM you!
                    I'm looking forward to it, Toots. See you then, and thanks again!

Aloha,
                    Maddie

Comment

I just received a call from a number I didn't recognize. And for most unrecognized numbers, I don't pick up. No message was left so I let 10 minutes passed before I dialed their number with my number blocked. The receiver picked up and greeted over the phone, "Hello, thank you for calling World Talent." I hung up. LoL Anyway, I googled "World Talent in Honolulu" and found this thread.

I'm just curious - is World Talent a talent agency catered to just kids or adults as well?

Comment

mangomamma,

I think it's great that your daughter has gained confidence from working with them. That confidence, along with your parenting skills and and her environment growing up will help to shape the person she becomes. When following the thread, however, I think you'll find that most of the people commenting have an issue with the way World Talent runs their business.

They may not call themselves an agency but, they'll advertise "Casting calls" for new talent?! A legitimate agency will usually have a "Casting Call" when looking for talent for a specific job. This is just one of the ways they try to mimic an agency. Furthermore, this is only one of their approaches. Have you not heard about them cold calling people (and sometimes businesses accidentally) saying they were referred by a relative or loved one? They also find people on the street and invite them to free seminars/gatherings. After the seminar, they contact parents saying "We think your daughter/son has great potential. These are the normal fees but, we'll cut them in half for you" or, something along those lines. A half-price special if you sign up before a certian time.

Very typical...create an emotional need, offer a quick solution and add the pressure of time. In reality there is no time pressure so, parents need to pull themselves out of this "created" bubble and make a well informed decision.

As far as training skills, there are other acting, dancing and singing instructors offering their services. Many are specialized in their field. Maybe you were approached differently...on a more personal level or, through a friend. But, in general, that's not how these parents/kids are pulled in.

Why not approach people saying "We'd like to train your child. Here's what we do. Here are the fees." They deceive people by telling them what they want to hear and it's unethical, not illegal.

Comment

Working...
                        X