Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Million-dollar mansions just ain't what they used to be

It’s not a house it’s a home.
    definition of house; domecile. a structure of living. only.
    Home; when it is being occupied.

Renting is just throwing your money away.
    well, home ownership makes economic sense.
    or; H.O.M.E.S.

"Buy land;
    They’re not making any more of it."

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea
      He even GAVE Bishop Estate BACK the Leashhold home at Portlock. Juss gave um the keys back to a home he bought for millions a few years earlier
      He might have "bought it for millions" on paper, but he didn't PAY millions ... which is what made it easier for him to "give back" the property than to pay for the life of the mortgage. He defaulted still owing millions that he never paid.

Heck, I could've done that!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
        He might have "bought it for millions" on paper, but he didn't PAY millions ... which is what made it easier for him to "give back" the property than to pay for the life of the mortgage. He defaulted still owing millions that he never paid.

Heck, I could've done that!

Check your source "Journalist". As usual you are totally wrong. He did not go bankrupt and then walk away. He gave the home back because he didn't want to purchase the fee ownership for the land.

42.5 MILLION. Gonnnaaaz.

I worry about where your "reporting" gets "reported". But hey, that's journalism today.

In 1988, Kawamoto bought the former Kaiser estate for $42.5 million in leasehold, but walked away from the property when landowner Bishop Estate asked for $26 million for the land.
        http://starbulletin.com/2001/12/14/business/story1.html

Comment

This isn't a newspaper; I wasn't reporting, I was making an off-the-cuff comment. Besides, I'm not a reporter. Check your facts, "non-journalist." (Hey, that immature comment didn't feel as good as I thought it would. What a surprise.)

I generally don't use the "ignore" function, but you might prompt me to make an exception. Too many immature cheap shots, not just at me but others, as well, and usually followed by a sarcastic "aloha."

Must be a drag to be so miserable.

Imua.
          Last edited by MadAzza; March 8, 2006, 09:07 AM.

Comment

"They don't complete with Joe sixpack trying to buy a 3bd/2bath 30 year old single wall, plaster home in town. They compete with themselves"

Old Joe Sixpack is makin $65/hr as a finish carpenter....he was born here in the mid 60's, and is in the prime of earnings life....he's workin with 45 of his favorite friends, and they are all makin good money too....and the price of a 30 yo, SW, sugar shack is $500,000 in Kona now

Joe's Auntie Tittah is on the Burial Council, so we can't build roads
            Joe's Uncle BoBo attends all the planning meetings to protest houses
            Joe's friend from the mainland is a real environmental go-getter and says no to just about everything
            Joe's Grandpa in Hamakua always complains about how Hawaii has changed, but always brags about his 24 grandkids.

And Joe got 3 kids, and keeps wondering where they gonna live when they grow up.

Time will tell where this leads....but it is unlikely that the price of a dwelling in Hawaii will decline this time around....at least not until about 2017
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
              Joe's friend from the mainland is a real environmental go-getter and says no to just about everything
              Joe's Grandpa in Hamakua always complains about how Hawaii has changed, but always brags about his 24 grandkids.
              Tim, so true, so true and we see this time and time again. Politics
              of no is alive and well.
              Check out my blog on Kona issues :
              The Kona Blog

Comment

I generally don't use the "ignore" function, but you might prompt me to make an exception. Too many immature cheap shots, not just at me but others, as well, and usually followed by a sarcastic "aloha."
                I second that, In this case I'm going to utilize the ignore function
                for only the third time ever.
                Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                The Kona Blog

Comment

You are rude. I think we should build over your grandparents grave in The Bay Area. Yeah, that would be the Timkona class thing to do.

Disgusting. No wonder no shame in your job.

Comment

Oh, I see, you have a problem with people having opinions and participating in the democratic process,............, whenever they disagree with you.

You're a genius man.

Comment

SO you hate the environment? Or is it that you don't think environmental activists deserve to express themselves either? Well, Hawaii needs more people who defend the enviroment the she needs people who hate the environment like you apparently do.

Comment

Grandpas probably complaining about people like you who want to build on graves, and silence dissenting opinion and destroy the environment and blame everyone else for Hawaii's problems.

All so that Timkona can squeeze out another deal and make a quick buck off another sucker loan.

Comment

Old Joe Sixpack is makin $65/hr as a finish carpenter....and the price of a 30 yo, SW, sugar shack is $500,000 in Kona now

$65.00 is not the median hourly pay in Kona, or Hawaii or anywhere else. The median hourly pay in Kona is probably under 20.00. That means average 40,000 per year. That means they can get a real loan (fixed, 20 down, 30 year) for less than 300,000. Average "sugar shack" 500,000? Thats a bubble my friend.

Hope you put your money where you mouth is and GUARANTEE your appraisals by personally promising to cover any losses that any home purchaser my endure between now and your date of 2017. That would make you an honest appraiser.

Comment

Must be a drag to be so miserable.

Imua.
                            Check the facts maam, just check the facts.

Aloha.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea
                              Grandpas probably complaining about people like you who want to build on graves, and silence dissenting opinion and destroy the environment and blame everyone else for Hawaii's problems.

All so that Timkona can squeeze out another deal and make a quick buck off another sucker loan.
                              Hui Kamuela: Just remember that TimKona is only in his 30s. Remember how you were in your 30s? So aggressive and full of energy? As you got older, your values changed, yeah? Our only hope for the future is if the Gen Xers eventually realize that we can learn good lessons from the past. The Boomers, who were so gogogo in their 30s and 40s are now slowing down and taking the time to smell the roses and thinking about retirement. Sometimes the smell kinda hauna, but I doubt we can change the perceptions of the younger generation until they themselves get to our age. I just hope there's something left of this world by then.

I read somewhere that the Gen Xers will be the first generation that will probably not be able to earn as much as their parents over their lifetime, and they will be inheriting a lot of society's problems which hopefully they are akamai enough to solve. Unfortunately, I think they are also too self-absorbed (because we the Boomers allowed them to be that way) in doing their own thing. The Boomers were all kumbaya and peace and love. Going to either extreme is probably not very constructive, but there has to be a balance somewhere if there is supposed to be something left for the generations that follow.

Miulang
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Wow! Dis one heavy duty THREAD! You all take care. I wuz just stopping by to say Aloha. I give everybody Honi Honi.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X