Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HPD Busted... Scoops was out early at the picnic

Originally posted by Miulang
    OK, so now that it's an "open secret" that the Big Island Police Dept. controls the ice trade on that island, who's going to do something about it?
    Yeah... because a couple of people behind computer screens say so, IT MUST BE TRUE...

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
      Yeah... because a couple of people behind computer screens say so, IT MUST BE TRUE...
      At the very least, someone with legal authority should be looking into the allegations and if they're not true, then that would exonerate the Boys (and Gals) in Blue. And the Police Dept. should make a big deal about it if their hands are clean.

Corruption in public office (or among public servants) is rarely revealed by the people who are those peoples' cohorts because they have no real vested interest in revealing it, unless they have a grudge against that other person. If the allegations are false, then that would be great. But you never know what kind of scorpions or centipedes you might find under a rock unless you hemo da rock.

Miulang
      Last edited by Miulang; April 12, 2006, 12:13 PM.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

At the very least, someone with legal authority should be looking into the allegations and if they're not true, then that would exonerate the Boys (and Gals) in Blue.
        Because an old lady in Seattle says so? Whatever. Guess all those Internal Affairs detectives just sit around all day, huh?

If there were a link, I'm sure the Attorney General's office would have looked into the issue a long time ago.

Comment

Because an old lady in Seattle says so? Whatever. Guess all those Internal Affairs detectives just sit around all day, huh?

If there were a link, I'm sure the Attorney General's office would have looked into the issue a long time ago.
          And you don't know that that's not already happening, do you?? Usually investigations go on for months (or maybe years) in secret before the truth comes out. And I'm not THAT old, sonny. If there's any kind of case involving possible drug or arms violations, my guess is the Feds would look into it before the local constabulary even get wind of anything amiss.

Miulang
          Last edited by Miulang; April 12, 2006, 03:14 PM.
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

And you don't know that that's not already happening, do you??
            No, I don't... and neither do you. Now you're just convoluting the original conversation.

There's no "open secret" about HPD being connected to the ice trade. And if there was, and the authorities were looking/looked into it, nobody would have told you anyway. You're making a bunch of wild guesses from behind a computer screen on the mainland, thousands of miles away from where all this is going down.

I've been on HT for a minute, and have read other stuff you posted. You might not be a retiree, but you ain't in your 30's or 40's either.

Comment

No, I don't... and neither do you. Now you're just convoluting the original conversation.

There's no "open secret" about HPD being connected to the ice trade. And if there was, and the authorities were looking/looked into it, nobody would have told you anyway. You're making a bunch of wild guesses from behind a computer screen on the mainland, thousands of miles away from where all this is going down.

I've been on HT for a minute, and have read other stuff you posted. You might not be a retiree, but you ain't in your 30's or 40's either.
              I was just replying to a remark TimKona made. At least he and Aaron and Craig, who live on the Big Island seem to think there's something to this story. I never said anything about knowing what was going on, now did I? I just said normally when certain types of allegations are made, the Feds will investigate before they will let the local departments know about what's going on, and then when the Federal indictments are handed out, THEN the local internal affairs depts take over to either exonerate or get rid of the accused.

And what the hell does my age have to do with anything, other than the fact that having lived longer means I have seen more than you have?

Miulang

Comment

Because an old lady in Seattle says so?[...]
                [...]You might not be a retiree, but you ain't in your 30's or 40's either.
                Hmmm...seeing as you called Miulang an "old lady", does that mean that any woman past her 40s is...OLD? BTW, name calling qualifies as attacking the messenger instead of the message.

Auntie Lynn...get ready with your whack whacks!

Comment

Whacks Whacks!

Auntie Lynn
                  (50 years old and proud)
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Gosh Auntie...I really dont like that cartoon...and I do not take offense easily

The implication of racial undertones is just too blatant to pass under my radar.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                      Gosh Auntie...I really dont like that cartoon...and I do not take offense easily

The implication of racial undertones is just too blatant to pass under my radar.
                      It wasn't ment to be a racial statement. Then again it can be anything to the eyes of the beholder.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                        It wasn't ment to be a racial statement. Then again it can be anything to the eyes of the beholder.

Auntie Lynn
                        HAHAHAHA! LONG LIVE TITA-CULCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                          Gosh Auntie...I really dont like that cartoon...and I do not take offense easily.
                          I don't like the fact that it should say "off," rather than "of." I'm easily offended by spelling errors.
                          (And I know Auntie Pupule didn't create this graphic, so she can't fix it.)

Comment

Frankly, while I know Aunty Lynn is having fun, I could do without all the cartoons. Animated images in particular are grating, "whack whacks" or not. I know sometimes words aren't enough... and that's why I put up with little smileys.

I also sincerely doubt that she's ignorant of the racial undertones of the "don't piss of [sic] an island girl" graphic -- especially given the previous (and similarly off topic) posts in this thread. But what the hell. She can blame it on the pupule.

This thread is a disaster, anyway.
                            Last edited by pzarquon; April 13, 2006, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                              Frankly, while I know Aunty Lynn is having fun, I could do without all the cartoons. Animated images in particular are grating, "whack whacks" or not. I know sometimes words aren't enough... and that's why I put up with little smileys.

But, this thread is a disaster, anyway, so what the hell.
                              Pzarquon,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                                This thread is a disaster, anyway.
                                A repository for nasty. Better here than many other places I can name. But thank you for officially recognizing it as such.

Comment

Working...
                                X