Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving money... what could you cut out... but you refuse to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saving money... what could you cut out... but you refuse to?

Originally posted by lurkah
    The server was being temperamental. I hit the Submit button and it just sat there doing nothing for days, and so I tried it again before finally giving up. And then now it shows up being double posted.
    I noticed some problems too -- pages were loading really slow, or sometimes not at all. Hey Ryan, is the server being touchy today?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
      I noticed some problems too -- pages were loading really slow, or sometimes not at all. Hey Ryan, is the server being touchy today?
      I juss pau gmail live with Ryan. He told me put a Molokai Sticker on my Monitor. hahahaha I neva have. He said it was a server problem. It's working now...I'm typing.

ROFLMAO

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Yep, seems like the server is a bit poky today. Probably another site on the machine is unusually busy. I was thinking the 'net in general was a bit slow today, but it's probably just my imagination.

Back to your originally scheduled thread.

Comment

I happened to have a Molokai sticker....so I stuck it on the puter....and WHAM !! fixed everything....faster net surfing...faster HT....faster pussycat...that was one damn good suggestion.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
            I happened to have a Molokai sticker....so I stuck it on the puter....and WHAM !! fixed everything....faster net surfing...faster HT....faster pussycat...that was one damn good suggestion.
            Hmmm...I still remember. Row 40. Whack Whacks!

Auntie pUpule
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Deleted...
              Got posted twice!
              Last edited by tutusue; May 24, 2006, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
                Yep, seems like the server is a bit poky today. Probably another site on the machine is unusually busy. I was thinking the 'net in general was a bit slow today, but it's probably just my imagination.

Back to your originally scheduled thread.
                Pheeeeeeeew! I thought it was just my usual user problems! 5p today was the first time I could load HT. I tried different computers, different browsers and different ISP options. Nah-ting! I was going thru withdrawals!

Now I'm having difficulty submitting this message!

Comment

So, what's up with that, tutu? Are you okay?
                  The car's in better shape than I am! It was an 'accident' vs an ACCIDENT! I managed to rip the front spoiler/bumper almost off backing out of a parking stall in Harbor Court. I was, and always am, very cautious when I park to not pull forward enough to have the tires hit the concrete tire barrier. Nor did I feel or hear any scraping sounds that sometimes happen depending on the heighth of the barrier and the bumper.

So...I started backing out and heard the most gawdawful noise. My first thought was that the entire engine had dropped to the ground! I looked under the car and...nope...no engine showing! Then I noticed the large 'space' between the car and the bumper/spoiler, whatever it's called, on the driver's side! When I walked to the front of the car I almost passed out! Somehow I'd pulled farther forward than I thought but not enough to bump the tires...just enough for the bumper to hook over the barrier. Still, there'd been no scraping sounds when pulling into the stall.

I've had the car only 3 weeks. I bought it used but it's still new to me. My mechanic did a wonderful job reattaching the bumper and now it needs some cosmetic repair. I, otoh, need my nerves reattached and all the cosmetic repair in the world won't help the stress that was showing on my face yesterday and today! I'm feeling better now, tho'!

And, if you ever call AAA for roadside assistance, request Emmett. Whatta jewel that guy is.

Trying to stay on topic...I could cut out the cosmetic repair, but I refuse to!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue

The car's in better shape than I am!
                    Oh you pua ting you, tutu! Sending over one big ((((cyberhug)))) just for you!

Comment

Oh you pua ting you, tutu! Sending over one big ((((cyberhug)))) just for you!
                      Aaaah...thanks, Lurkah. I need to offset the price of the repair by being frugal in other areas of my life. Let's see, what can I cut out? Wine? Xanax? A shrink? Nah...I refuse!

Comment

Working...
                      X