LavaNet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LavaNet

Yup, das part of my middle name.. and yup, used to manage House of Music Ala Moana and then Kahala...

wow small island!!!

Aloooooha...

Comment

LavaNet will always have a place in my heart from the hanabata days when dial-up was the only option. A-O-Hell (a.k.a. beer-coaster spammers) and Hawai‘i On-Line (a.ka. www.aloha.net) were truly a nightmare on Elm Street.

Someone I know emailed HOL repeatedly trying to make them aware of a security hole they had in their network. They ignored him for weeks. Finally, they left him no other option but to illustrate the security weakness (i.e. hack into their site). The next day they discontinued his account and left a message on his answering machine stating “Your account has been suspended indefinitely for your malicious attack on our web site.” Basically they were so embarrassed he was right, they refused to acknowledge he had actually done them a favor. That’s the kind of idiots working there for ya.

LavaNet - different story. They were the internet provider of choice until cheap broadband came along.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Pali
        Uh-oh.. my QUAKE past is catching up to me
        Cheers!
        huh... you didnt used to play action quake2 did you?
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Action Quake 2... yup, used to play that a lot... that, TeamFortress and a few of other mods.

Comment

holy crap, i think we played on some of the same servers. does fear.net ring any bells?
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Working...
            X