New ATM charges for Kalabash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ATM charges for Kalabash

There used to be a time when, as a public service, some networks of ATM machines could be used by any consumer with no fee. Now, apparently, Kalabash Net is starting to charge a fee for people who are not account holders at the Honolulu City and County Employees Federal Credit Union or other credit unions in their network. Their excuse is that they need to help offset the cost of maintaining the machines.

The Advertiser's Akamai Money column has a good story about this particular bank ATM network. The columnist also notes that by agreement, the Kalabash ATMs located within Macy's stores in Hawai'i will still be fee-free.

under an agreement with Macy's, the credit union can't have surcharge fees for the 11 Kalabash ATMs located within those department stores.

Another surcharge-free ATM is located within the University of Hawai'i Medical School in Kaka'ako.

For a list of where the ATMs are within Macy's, go to www.kalanet.com and click on the Kalabash ATM locator on the left-hand side of the page.
    I don't understand why the banks and credit unions, who already make some pretty good kala with their other services, need to be greedy and start tacking on fees to use the cash machines, too.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: New ATM charges for Kalabash

When MAMA and I go out ~ we just don't have the time to be searching for the nearest Banks we do business with. Sometimes closed. Especially, ones that have Drive-thru. I automatically go to The Kalabash located at the Board of Water Supply. The charge 95cents. Pay foa dee convenience. No grumble.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
      Now, apparently, Kalabash Net is starting to charge a fee for people who are not account holders at the Honolulu City and County Employees Federal Credit Union or other credit unions in their network.
      That's the norm. I wasn't aware there were exceptions. Since I bank at FHB, I always go to their machines. Never a fee. If I'm off-island, I'll look for one with the same logo.

Comment

I used to use the kalabash machines, and still do if needed, since it's only 95 cents. BoH is the worst -- I've been charged close to three dollars (when the FHB machine in Kaimuki was out of order).

Bastards.

Comment

Working...
        X