Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CompUSA parking fiasco

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
    OMG, I went there last night to buy the $400 BFG 8800 video card (which was out of stock). They didnt want to help me it seemed, told me it was sold out and that the 2 boxes in the display cabinet were dummies (!) Why have dummies if youre sold out? They looked like theyd rather stand around checking out chicks then help me. My wife decided to buy a DS and we stood around for 10 minutes before someone came by to 'help' us. They tried to sell us TAP and looked so dissapproving that we didnt buy it. >_<
    They have dummies because although the product is sold out, it's not inactive, meaning it will be restocked.

As for help, I applied for work there and nowhere in the online application does it ask if you have any computer or electronic knowledge...only prior sales experience. So if you worked at Hello Kitty for five years, you'd get the nod over somebody who had five years of electronics experience bot no sales experience.

I'd love to work at CompUSA because I've gotten three years of retail sales experience and over 30-years experience in electronics. But so far no response from the Ala Moana store yet. And yes I did apply.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      [...]I'd love to work at CompUSA because I've gotten three years of retail sales experience and over 30-years experience in electronics. But so far no response from the Ala Moana store yet. And yes I did apply.
      With your wife currently working on Oahu, if you got a job at the Ala Moana store, would you be moving back?

Comment

Dammit! I am still getting this damned woman's melodramatic rant forwarded to me from all corners. I've started sending back my own thoughts on her idiocy, my plan to shop at CompUSA in honor of the Aldingers, and with links to the Complaints Board site, this thread, and the Advertiser story. It most definitely won't be as widely read as the original diatribe, but I've got to do my small part to stop stupid from spreading.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
          They have dummies because although the product is sold out, it's not inactive, meaning it will be restocked.

As for help, I applied for work there and nowhere in the online application does it ask if you have any computer or electronic knowledge...only prior sales experience. So if you worked at Hello Kitty for five years, you'd get the nod over somebody who had five years of electronics experience bot no sales experience.

I'd love to work at CompUSA because I've gotten three years of retail sales experience and over 30-years experience in electronics. But so far no response from the Ala Moana store yet. And yes I did apply.
          I wouldnt do it... top pay for sales is about $10. no commissoin, only spiffs on selling TAP. You yourself are probably a diligent worker, but it seems alot of people slack there. Would you want to do alot of work while others do squat? A good friend works there, he knows about the BS that goes one and is trying to fix it...
          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
            I wouldnt do it... top pay for sales is about $10. no commissoin, only spiffs on selling TAP.
            You're relatively new here, so someone should probably tell you that Craig is a self-made, independently wealthy, retired-at-45 man. He works at Home Depot not because he needs the money, but because he's insane.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
              I've got to do my small part to stop stupid from spreading.
              Uh-oh...how much longer before I get banned from HT?

Comment

I'm boycotting the store until I need to get something. Like a hot dog.
                Burl Burlingame
                "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                  You're relatively new here, so someone should probably tell you that Craig is a self-made, independently wealthy, retired-at-45 man. He works at Home Depot not because he needs the money, but because he's insane.
                  hey, i registered in aug 2004! i was just afk for about 2 years =p

i could think of better jobs. just giggles try working at a bar or restaurant. see who else tips 50/50...
                  Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Well I wouldn't call myself rich but I guess I can be a bit insane.

As for coming back to Honolulu, yes it is true, with my wife working for PATCH and flying back and forth several times a month it's hard on the family. Eventually I will have to come back to Honolulu with the family or she'll have to come back to the Big Island where pay scales suck.

At $10 an hour that would be a lateral for me as that's about what I make at Home Depot. And yes I just work there for the benefits. At least at CompUSA you get employee discounts right? No discounts for HD employees.

Actually what I prefer to do is to come back to Clear Channel and work there full time and then walk across the parking lot to Home Depot Iwilei and work part time. PATCH's office is on the second floor of the Dole Cannery Building with CC at the top floor and HD right next door.

I was just back in Honolulu during the last half of the Spring Break staying at my sister in law's condo in Mililani. I was really surprized that the drive from Mililani to Downtown Honolulu via the zipper lane took only 22-minutes. We left the condo at 7:30am. That's actually pretty good time considering the traffic. It takes me that long to get from my home in HPP to Hilo Home Depot.
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Where mistakes were made, the responsibility lies with ... ?

Sounds to me like all parties involved get a piece of the blameberry pie:
                      * The CompUSA mgr for advocating a shock-and-awe campaign against alien vehicles
                      * The 24/7 Towing rep for allegedly having questionable business practices and definitely using poor judgement in posting the full license numbers of the subject vehicles
                      * The Honolulu Advertiser for allowing the license plate numbers to remain on the reader response portion of their site (going on one week now)
                      * Charlene who, in my opinion, as a director of PR for Bishop probably spun the story in her e-mail to best suit her cause -- she's a horrible, rambling writer in any case and deserves jeers for just that fact
                      "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
                        Where mistakes were made, the responsibility lies with ... ?

Sounds to me like all parties involved get a piece of the blameberry pie:
                        * The CompUSA mgr for advocating a shock-and-awe campaign against alien vehicles
                        * The 24/7 Towing rep for allegedly having questionable business practices and definitely using poor judgement in posting the full license numbers of the subject vehicles
                        * The Honolulu Advertiser for allowing the license plate numbers to remain on the reader response portion of their site (going on one week now)
                        * Charlene who, in my opinion, as a director of PR for Bishop probably spun the story in her e-mail to best suit her cause -- she's a horrible, rambling writer in any case and deserves jeers for just that fact
                        I think you can probably add the scofflaws who parked in the lot illegally, who knowingly had no intention of patronizing CompUSA but still took up a parking space. There: have we left anybody out of this blame game now? One sure way to eliminate the problem is to put up a gate and allow validated parking only.

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                          I think you can probably add the scofflaws who parked in the lot illegally, who knowingly had no intention of patronizing CompUSA but still took up a parking space. There: have we left anybody out of this blame game now? One sure way to eliminate the problem is to put up a gate and allow validated parking only.

Miulang
                          you and eric forgot the people who kept forwarding the annoying email. bleh! a pox on their kind!

*pets the very cute mac mini eric bought for her at....compusa!*
                          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Finally got to do my small part in the name of common sense today:

As you can see, you can walk off the lot with your car...

Comment

That is just too funny! So, how would would you walk off the lot WITH your vehicle? Push it? Tow it by rope?

The sign should read...
                              PARKING FOR
                              CompUSA CUSTOMERS ONLY
                              Do not leave property
                              without your vehicle
                              or it will be immediately
                              towed
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

You should send this pic to Leno.

Comment

Working...
                                X