• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CherryOS

It's the Gates Comedy Show!

http://www.jmusheneaux.com/39b.htm

Comment

Well, CherryOS has been released, and as suspected, it's basically lifted entirely from the PearPC project. Why get it for the original authors for free when you can pay a guy in Maui $49 for a poor repackaging of it?

Comment

Slashdot reports that PearPC is now suing the developers of CherryOS.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
          Slashdot reports that PearPC is now suing the developers of CherryOS.
          So if you put PearPC and the CherryOS together in court, do you get fruit salad out of it?

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
            So if you put PearPC and the CherryOS together in court, do you get fruit salad out of it?
            yea. je'like;

an apple a day keeps the doctored sofware code away...

Comment

Mac Mini @ $499
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I heard that the $499 Mini only has 256MB RAM, and that that's not enough to run OS X well. Is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                  I heard that the $499 Mini only has 256MB RAM, and that that's not enough to run OS X well. Is that true?

exactly. It really isn't a 500 clams mac. cuz ya gotta add keyboard, mouse, monitor, ram..
                  As another chat board put it;
                  "rolls royce has finally introduced their own Hyundai for the uh... whiners."
                  (their words.)

Comment

When I visit the Apple Store at Ala Moana they have 256MB Mac Minis running OSX. They're good to do the basic things like checking email, running the web browser, playing music on iTunes and doing word processing on AppleWorks. That said, having more RAM is always a good thing, so if you can afford it, buy more RAM when you buy your Mini. I think it can hold up to a gig of RAM.

The mini is being marketed as a second computer to Mac and PC owners who already have a computer. You can connect your present keyboard and monitor to the mini in most cases. There are people who use the Mini to run their home entertainment systems. I even read an article about the Mac Mini being permanently installed in cars.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Done, pau, make, cheerio.

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Here is the correct URL: http://starbulletin.com/2005/05/10/news/story4.html
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                        X