How to? - email photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to? - email photos

I have pix stored on my laptop that I want to send to friends and place onto web sites, or send to a snapfish type site.
    There is an email function, but it doesn't seem to allow simple transfers.
    Oh, what fo' do?
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: How to? - email photos

Sending picture through email, look for something like "Insert -> File Attachment"
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

The real important question is what email program you are using on your laptop.

Comment

What's an email program?

In doing a search, I find the process of knowing my SMTP mail server name is neccessary, but there is nothing on my computer that guides me to this info that I can find. Not even the onboard search. No tools, no net options, no programs. Anything I click on that is similar isn't what I need.
        Last edited by Ron Whitfield; December 3, 2009, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
          The real important question is what email program you are using on your laptop.
          Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
          What's an email program?[...]
          Are you using web based email such as gmail or yahoo?

Comment

No, I'm not on the net yet this morning per my laptop, I'm using a seperate computer for surfing, and just looking at my stored pix on my laptop. I havn't transfered them to anything yet. There is an email function on the tool bar, but it makes me get the info first that I can't find.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
              What's an email program?

In doing a search, I find the process of knowing my SMTP mail server name is neccessary, but there is nothing on my computer that guides me to this info that I can find. Not even the onboard search. No tools, no net options, no programs. Anything I click on that is similar isn't what I need.
              Whoever is your internet service provider should provide you with the SMTP server name, as well as your designated email address.

As for email program, most Windows OS come with one. For pre-Vista, it's Outlook Express. For Vista, it's Windows Mail.
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Let me rephrase the question. On your laptop are you capable of sending and/or receiving email?

Comment

I can get onto my yahoo account usually, but not at this moment per my laptop, no net available, that's why I'm on another system for surfing. I've not set up an account/or bothered with windows mail as I don't need it...? or want it.

Comment

So just to be clear from reading your postings I get the following situation:
                    Computer A - your laptop
                    Computer B - the other computer
                    1. Picture(s) exist on computer A
                    2. Computer A is currently not on the network
                    3. You are currently using Computer B, I take it you are posting to HawaiiThreads from Computer B?
                    4. You want to transfer pictures from Computer A to Computer B via email because there is a function on Computer A to do this but it is not working?

Is the above situation accurate or I am missing something from above?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                      Computer A - your laptop
                      Computer B - the other computer
                      1. Picture(s) exist on computer A
                      2. Computer A is currently not on the network
                      3. You are currently using Computer B, I take it you are posting to HawaiiThreads from Computer B?
                      4. You want to transfer pictures from Computer A to Computer B via email because there is a function on Computer A to do this but it is not working?
                      1 thru 3 = yes. 4. Not really, but that would be OK later on for other needs. However, to complicate the picture even further, Com. B has limited funtions, and may not allow some things. The function on Com. A works, no doubt, but I have to know the info it asks for first. It's just not completely set up yet to know all that and I'm stuck as to how to do it.

Comment

In your Yahoo email account you must:

1. Compose an email
                        2. Hit the "Attach" button in your new composition
                        3. In the next window you'll see some entry boxes with a "Browse" button.
                        4. Hit the Browse button and it will open up your C:directory (Explore if in XP)
                        5. Find the folder where your pictures are in and select the pic you want
                        6. Once you highlight the pic/file, hit the open button.
                        7. Yahoo will upload that file/pic to their server. This can take some time.
                        8. Once the upload is complete you can go back to your composition and hit send.

If the pic takes wayyyy too long to upload you may want to resize the picture smaller. In XP open your pic in MS Office picture manager and hit the Edit button. From there you can select and resize your pic for email or publishing on the web.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Boxes, yes.
                          No 'browse' box.
                          Get 'Select Multiple Files At Once', 'View And Rotate Thumbnails', Drag Files To attach'.

Comment

You may want to select "Mail Classic" view. It's easier to navigate around the older interface.
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Thanx, Craig, I'll check into that.
                              I had my IT run me thru the simple process this morning.
                              I think I got it.
                              But, I'm still having trouble with getting my pix transfered to snapfish.
                              The process just won't take.

Comment

Working...
                              X