Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is the 'lane assist' feature available and working in Hawaii using a GPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the 'lane assist' feature available and working in Hawaii using a GPS?

Had it on the GPS forum of hawaiithreads... dead...so reposting here...

I just bought a refurbished Garmin for a trip to the mainland, going to SF for a day...got the nuvi 40 that has that 'lane assist' feature since I am paranoid about driving to SF from Santa Clara...and want to make sure I will be on the right lane to take whatever cut-offs.

just tried my gps this morning from my commute from east honolulu to kalihi...no lane assist feature showing...even while on the freeway...does anyone know if it will show up on a gps [that has that available feature] when driving in San Fran?

Re: is the 'lane assist' feature available and working in Hawaii using a GPS?

You might want to check out or purchase a Rand McNally map of the San Francisco area and study which towns/cities are in sequence between the San Francisco airport and Santa Clara. Just as a backup.

Also the signs on the 101 Freeway are pretty clear as to which exits go to what city.

The main hint is when leaving the San Francisco airport you want to get on the 101 South and not the 101 North.

Comment

Re: is the 'lane assist' feature available and working in Hawaii using a GPS?

If your GPS has the feature, it will work there (and it can be useful - I've missed a turn or two going into the city on occasion and I'm from the bay area). Your difficulty will likely lie in getting in and out of the city and not along the way. I might suggest taking the train/public transportation, I feel it's part of the experience (better than looking for parking), though knowing where to park makes driving-in a lot more efficient, time-wise.
      Last edited by salmoned; August 31, 2012, 08:12 AM.
      May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Working...
      X