Re: Video game addicts in the house?

BAH Humbug with these PS3's and Wii's

I am Ol SKool like........

SPACE INVADERS!
    GALAGA <---- Personal fave btw
    MS. PACMAN aka Cocaine Pacman

Comment

I've a PC junkie for a while and still play C&C Renegade and a few of the Delta Force Series games. Nothing like the old school classics though like Joust, Dig-Dug and Mr. Do .

Comment

Originally posted by LocoBoy View Post
        Nothing like the old school classics though like Joust, Dig-Dug and Mr. Do .

Dig Dug

I always liked blowing up those critters

Comment

you seen those little joysticks that are battery op that you just plug into the tv? theres a namco one with like 10 games and costs about $20?
          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
            you seen those little joysticks that are battery op that you just plug into the tv? theres a namco one with like 10 games and costs about $20?
            I bought a couple of those for the kids on sale for 11.00 but the downside is...batteries...and BATTERIES! No way to plug them in only the battery option. Even with rechargeables I still cannot keep up.
            But they are fun.

We have Dig Dug and the classics for the gameboys. This kids love them.
            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
            Sharing withother survivors...
            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

For those of you who like old school arcade games, you need to check out MAME. [link]

MAME is a program that emulates arcade game hardware. In addition to MAME, you'll need video game ROMs. A "ROM" is the actual executable code that was burned into the ROM chips inside those old arcade games. You start MAME, choose the ROM you want to play, and *presto*, you're playing your favorite old-school arcade game. It's the actual executable code from the original game, so when you play it on your computer, it plays EXACTLY like the original game.

There are thousands of ROMs out there. Every game you've ever played is out there. The legality of it all is questionable, but if you know where to look, it's all available for free. Don't ask me how to get it because I won't tell you.

If I had MAME when I was a kid, I'd have thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                I am IL SKool like........
                Defender!

(Too short it say .... Bah, Humbug!)

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                  Defender!

(Too short it say .... Bah, Humbug!)

Currently working for TARGET we have a video game machine in our breakroom which has the following.......

These I am good at
                  Joust - Still Good At It btw
                  Robotron 2084
                  Bubbles
                  Tapper

Theres also the one where you shoot monsters in the maze and it plays the organ music themes in between levels. Starts with a Z

And lastly DEFENDER,
                  I used to be a master on this game but I suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck now
                  Get toooooo flustered and I use my smart bombs too quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by kupomog View Post
                    I've just picked up Clubhouse Games for the DS, too. Love it. Soooooo much time spent just playing all these classic games. Other than that, I've been investing my time in Final Fantasy XII on the PS2, mucho fun.
                    I just got this game a few short days ago, and I'm loving every minute of it. I heard the FF12 designers went to Turkey to get some inspiration for the Middle Eastern/Mediterrenean architecture in the game. They did a beautiful job.

Comment

We just cancelled our 3 wow accounts. The game is way too easy imo - but we enjoyed it for the first few months. We cancelled our Vanguard accounts, too, however, we're willing to revisit that in a few months down the road - it's really buggy and seems like I'm playing a game still in beta that wasn't close to being finished. EQ2 I might play again. But no matter what we play, we seem to keep coming back to Everquest.

I fixed my old NES tho! Nintendo Repair Shop has repair kits (or just the 72-pin thingy for $9). I replaced mine and cleaned it up and omg it works like it's brand new. And I was ever so happy to learn that both of my controllers and gun worked after 20 years. We stayed up and played Track & Field as if we were 8 years old. My husband ended up with Nintendo thumb hahahahaa

I'm totally digging the Wii Virtual Consule, I'm having a blast with it, too. Lots of great games and they come out with new ones weekly. I finally played the infamous Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Good stuff!

Comment

Yep, I had WoW as well. I had 3 level 60's (before Burning Crusade was released). I realized it was much too monotonous and even if you play with good friends, that doesn't ease the monotony.

My friends are trying to get me to play Vanguard; I am saddened to hear it is so bad. Even SWG, with all its bugs and ill conceived designs was more fun -- it was the people that made it fun, and now most of them have been scared away. That's how SOE rolls; they sell a game that is still in beta. Gee thanks SOE :P

Now I am more into console games, they are more fun, and that's the essence of it all.

Comment

im still playing wow. me and the wife play it, but we're sort of bored, even with the blood elves. i just bought a DS because i heard of a softmod that you can do that allows you to play homebrew games on it. so now i have like 20 games on a memory card. a co-worker sold his 2 wow accounts for $700 each. ppl have too much money yeah?
                          the 360 is languishing, had some bad experience with the xbox live customer support. yup, theyre as bad as you hear they are.
                          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Hate to revive a 'Thread' that seems to have stopped, but gaming is a main part of my life as well.

Halo 3's demo is coming and will probably overshadow alot of good games that will be coming out later this year.

If you think any good games for any system aren't getting their credit, feel free to send a message to me. (Please include "no reply" if you are just giving a shout out. You won't hurt my feelings, but there are times when just a "HEY" will do job. - Thanks).

Living in Chicago, alot of people have the new Test Drive that shows Hawaii and they ask if it reminds me alot of Hawaii. Well.......I don't remember people driving cars and motorcycles thru forest areas and on golf corses.

Comment

http://www.mmoabc.com/a_8a8a8ae41246...14fd1f003a.htm

Sad video game addict story

Comment

STARCRAFT 2 has been announced!
                                Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Working...
                                X