• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who has Road Runner internet ?

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    What I would do to LOOK like a kid again

Auntie Lynn
    Oh, and start on learning some stretches or have something to pull you away from your computer every few hours, because once you have DSL, you won't stop surfing the internet (sure, you only surf hawaiithreads.com and your blog, but soon you'll find videos and pictures of lost friends, soon you'll run out of space on your computer, then I'll need to install a larger drive, soon you'll be spending your money on some antiques found on ebay.... just be prepared of losing some sleep.)
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
      Oh, and start on learning some stretches or have something to pull you away from your computer every few hours, because once you have DSL, you won't stop surfing the internet (sure, you only surf hawaiithreads.com and your blog, but soon you'll find videos and pictures of lost friends, soon you'll run out of space on your computer, then I'll need to install a larger drive, soon you'll be spending your money on some antiques found on ebay.... just be prepared of losing some sleep.)
      Adrian, You making me laugh so much!!!! Will I find my true LOVE? What time you coming over in the morning? I need to meet him very soon, the Holidays are fast approaching!!!! I don't need the other things. Just HawaiiThreads,HawaiiStories,HawaiiBeliever,AuntieP upule.com and wherever he is!

Auntie Lynn
      Last edited by 1stwahine; October 12, 2005, 08:54 PM.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Goodness gracious! DSL is mighty fast!

Mahalo Adrian for connecting me the wonderful SPEED of DSL!

Auntie Lynn

See you all laters...

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
          Adrian, You making me laugh so much!!!! Will I find my true LOVE? What time you coming over in the morning? I need to meet him very soon, the Holidays are fast approaching!!!! I don't need the other things. Just HawaiiThreads,HawaiiStories,HawaiiBeliever,AuntieP upule.com and wherever he is!

Auntie Lynn
          I told you Eharmony.com And wot happened to Mr. Haveahouseoneveryisland ~ you going show us his pic-cha?
          So did you hit da hunkahunka burning love naked men section yet
          Last edited by GypsyLika; October 13, 2005, 03:09 PM.
          ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Comment

Everyday has been one thing or another using DSL! Yes, the speed is fast when I can use it. Problems are computer freezes, unknown Hard Error, Beginning dump of Pysical Memory, and other things I never had before!

Luckily, I have Dial-up connection so I don't have to be without connection to the internet. It's a see saw game of DSL and Dial-up everyday. HawanTel has issued me a one month Free Service Charge.

I will be calling them again tomarrow and ask what's the problem. My son-inlaw told me to switch to Oceanic. No problems. I should have, could have but didn't.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Sounds like a software/hardware issue, nothing to do with DSL. I'm not
              a betting man, but if I was I'd bet if you switched to Road Runner you'd
              have the same problems.
              Check out my blog on Kona issues :
              The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
                Sounds like a software/hardware issue, nothing to do with DSL. I'm not
                a betting man, but if I was I'd bet if you switched to Road Runner you'd
                have the same problems.
                Mahalo Aaron!

Adrian!!!!!!!!!! Please check.

Thank you,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I browsed through the whole thread. As far as slowdowns, are you guys using wireless connections? Just wondering because some folks don't lock down their wireless and the neighbors may be leeching off your connection.

Anyways, I got Verizon DSL last month. Its pretty good. I'll probably keep it.

I did set up everything myself and skipped the installation disk. I have an Ethernet cable connection for the primary computer and wireless for additional computers.

The only problem I do experience is that, if I leave the computer idle for long periods of time, I need to restart or log back in to reset it. If not then the connection is flakey. Sometimes I can renew my connection through the routers web interface but it doesn't always work.

Comment

Hawaiian Telcom was having problems with latency when they transitioned
                    backbones recently. Hence the speed issues. I cannot speak for anyone else
                    but I don't believe it was due someone using a wireless router.

In regards to your situation, it sounds like your router is flaky . I can leave
                    my computer connected for hours through my router and DSL modem with
                    no drop offs.
                    The Kona Blog

Comment

• Re: Who has Road Runner internet ?

Originally posted by TurquoiseDuck
                      LOL !! I am trying to read all these answers and still undecided what to do.

Just remember that with DSL you have your own line and with Road Runner you share with many others. Depending on your area, your computer will slow down and speed up according to how many people are on at the same time. Also, if you have sensitive information on your computer, just remember that because you are sharing the same line with so many others, it will be much easier to hack into your computer and steal information.

Comment

• Re: Who has Road Runner internet ?

Originally posted by namikikam
                        Also, if you have sensitive information on your computer, just remember that because you are sharing the same line with so many others, it will be much easier to hack into your computer and steal information.

Not necessarily true, as far I understand between you and the CMTS {headend}
                        is encrypted.Yes in the past you were able to see your neighbors files, but not
                        now.
                        The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
                        X