Treo for Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treo for Windows

Palm and Microsoft have announced that they are making a Treo for Windows.

Bleah. So much for the Palm OS. Now I can look forward to the Blue Screen of Death on my future phones.

Re: Treo for Windows

I hesitate to mention it, but here's a new and potentially very big reason to go for a Treo with Windows.

You can watch TV shows from your Slingbox on it.

Now that's a really great idea. If only they'd also develop the same application for PalmOS.

Comment

That's pretty neat. A Slingbox in general is pretty neat. Of course, most mobile providers have their own "live TV" implementations, but the offerings are probably not as robust as you'd get from your home cable system!

Sad but true, PalmOS isn't exactly high on any developer's hit list. I've been hoping forever for a Skype port. But again, only Pocket PC supported so far.

I love my PalmOS Treo 650, and my dad plans to upgrade his 600 to the 650 (and not the 700w) when the opportunity arises. That said, a coworker has the 700w, and it is a nice device. I mean, if you're comfortable with Windows (and lots of folks are), it's great. It is telling, though, that some of the most elegant and user-friendly elements of the 700w come from Palm, and some of the more aggravating behaviors are remnants of Windows thinking.

Comment

Hi Ryan and Glen,

Are either of you using Slingbox? I just bought one and it's great! I don't have a mobile phone with Slingbox capability but I'd be curious to know how well it works. Ryan, email me back if you want to take me up on my offer.

David

Comment

Admin, I ~insist~ that you lock this thread immediately, as the notion of pocketpc advancing past palmos makes my tummy hurl murmbumbmumblefriggabish.

I *heart* palm treos.

pax

Comment

Bucket Please! I've used both and both have their quirks. One good thing I like about Windows Mobile 5 is that it integrates well with XP and even better with Vista...AND that you don't need third party software to view and edit Office suite apps like Word, Excel or PP.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
            X