Video iPod is here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video iPod is here!

Well, not exactly, because the press conference didn't start, but here's a picture of it (in chinese text).

Originally posted by engadget
    New iPod announced! The new iPod, as speculated, features video capabilities and the wider display, but it’s still a music-first device.

The device will feature a 2.5-inch display, QVGA resolution (320 x 240), and will MPEG-4 h.264 (natch), and presumably Quicktime.

The new iPod will be 30% thinner than the current 20GB iPod (making it 0.44-inches thick—say wha?), and will feature a 60GB version (which should be thinner than the current 0.63-inch thick 20GB iPod), and editions of both in black.

The 20GB should go for $299, and the 60GB for $399. They’ll be shipping next week.

What’s the device named, you ask? The iPod. That’s it, just The iPod. Well spare you the Prince jokes.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Video iPod is here!

Still a music device huh? Bummers. Seems short-changed.

When it actually IS a video device, perhaps it should be named vPod.

Looks like the PSP is still the do-it-all device to beat.

There's some great prototypes and design concepts for video iPods here at TheAppleCollection.com.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
      When it actually IS a video device, perhaps it should be named vPod.
      lol. I have to agree with you on dat one.
      backwoodlessons2

Comment

I like, at least, that the price has remained the same, but the size has gotten smaller, the capacity has gotten larger (30MB), and the features increased (i.e. video). Rather than creating a "video device," it's just another step in the evolution of the iPod.

Gotta admit, that $299 goes further with each update. For folks that were on the iPod fence, it's a brilliant move.

The screen is tiny, but the iPod also comes with video out capability to hook up to a TV (most TV's have convenient input jacks thanks to the popularity of game systems). And you can now download TV shows (like "Lost"!) from the iTunes Music Store, just like song tracks. Music videos and movie shorts are also in there.

There are still rumors of a 'widescreen' video iPod (same basic size, but the screen is the full length of the face)...

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          I like, at least, that the price has remained the same, but the size has gotten smaller, the capacity has gotten larger ...
          Hey. sounds like Hotel St.!

Comment

This is scary... Video iPod opens gates on ad model (link to Yahoo! News)

Someone, please pass me the iPod remote.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: The new Apple vPod

IMO - This is how it should've been designed
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
              X