Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hawaiian Telcom DSL

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    Do I need Java? And if so...how do I get it. Not Java Coffee.

Auntie Lynn
    for speedtest.net you don't need java

"What are the requirements for the end-user client machine?
    The Ookla Speed Test will work on practically any client. Most other bandwidth tests on the web rely on Java, but we feel as though Flash is much more widely accepted and provides a better user experience. Our application will work on Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems within all major browsers including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera and more."
    website - http://www.brianhancock.com
    blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Yipppeeeee! I finally get to check my SPEED!

K-den. I come back.

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn

Update: I no can. Can't download Adobe Flash Player. Something wrong with my computa since I did a System Restore last month. Neva mind. I'm getting a new one per my contract this week. It's fully paid for and they have to replace it within 30 days. Dey betta or I SUE!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHA
      Last edited by 1stwahine; October 4, 2006, 07:00 PM.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
        Can I use someone else's DSL modem for mine? It looks like my DSL modem crapped out, and the only connection right now is via my clearwire connection. My friend recently canceled his DSL line at the store, so I'm thinking of using that to get the DSL line up and running. Is that possible?
        It should work as long you still have DSL service. HawTel uses only Westell
        DSL modems
        Check out my blog on Kona issues :
        The Kona Blog

Comment

Yipppeeeee! I finally get to check my SPEED!
          You too funny aunty
          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
          The Kona Blog

Comment

Auntie...

If you still have that computer you were using the last time I stopped by...

You really need a new computer.... nuff said...

But EVERYTHING was slow on it...as you saw how easily frustrated I was just opening up multiple windows....

And none of those rent to own pieces of s*** from "rent-o-mart"

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
              Auntie...

If you still have that computer you were using the last time I stopped by...

You really need a new computer.... nuff said...

But EVERYTHING was slow on it...as you saw how easily frustrated I was just opening up multiple windows....

And none of those rent to own pieces of s*** from "rent-o-mart"
              No. It's not on the computer I was using the night you were here.
              Btw: I don't have a great job like you so Rent-To-Own is all I could get to build up my credit. Now I don't have too. Lucky foa you ~ you have a State Job and can post on Tax Payer's Money all day.

L.V.

Comment

Lucky foa you ~ you have a State Job and can post on Tax Payer's Money all day.:mad
                Not my fault I beat out others who applied for my job that requires me to work as hard as I do or others that tried to even get the same type of job I had at UH which lead me to my job (TuNnL?)...

If you understood what I do in my job... you might understand why I'm able to fire off posts while I'm at work!

And if we gonna start talking about writing on Tax Payers money.... well... never mind I won't go there... your my Hanai mom and I will leave it at that... (miss living in a 3 brm State subsidized place when other families could use the place (even though on a waiting list for a few years for a 1 brm...... j/k! and remember... no matter what I say... I/you no can get you mad...k?)

And didn't you also say the Doctor said you normal now?

Hugs,

Manoa
                Last edited by damontucker; October 4, 2006, 07:30 PM.

Comment

If you understood what I do in my job... you might understand why I'm able to fire off posts while I'm at work
                  No. I can't understand how a State worker can post on Tax Payer's money all day. Try explain.

As for me. I'm still disabled physically. I have had two strokes and suffer from numerous ailments...too long to list. I will always be Bi-Polar till the day I die.

It's not my fault to have a three bedroom. It's the System. The same system that allows you to Post while at work.

Nuff said.

L.V.

Btw: I not mad. I juss telling it like it is. Wanna hear more. Ooops. Derailing. Hawaiian Tel DSL ~ Is working fine tonight foa me.
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; October 4, 2006, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Doc.. you the computer guy

go figure em out!

For what I know... a modem is a modem!
                    Yeah, I know. But today was one of those days that exploded in my face. Once I stepped out of the store, everything exploded, so I'm a bit stressed right now.

Darn. I tried the speed test, and I gotta connect to the DSL. BRB.
                    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
                      Hawaiian Telcom has new offer called Savers Club.
                      Interesting. Undercuts the comparable service bundle from Oceanic Time Warner. But to clarify, when you write "Landline" for Oceanic, you're talking about their VOIP product, right? Far as I know, Oceanic doesn't run any wire into the home. So the advantage Hawaiian Telcom retains is phone service independent of network and some power problems.

Comment

If you understood what I do in my job... you might understand why I'm able to fire off posts while I'm at work!

And if we gonna start talking about writing on Tax Payers money.... well... never mind I won't go there...
                        Why not? I think you're wasting my taxpayer dollars by sitting on your butt and posting on HT.

And even if you might have the ability to post while you're at work, it's uneccessary and uncalled for.

Bottom line: You're screwing around at work. And you're proud of it.

Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                          Why not? I think you're wasting my taxpayer dollars by sitting on your butt and posting on HT.

And even if you might have the ability to post while you're at work, it's uneccessary and uncalled for.

Bottom line: You're screwing around at work. And you're proud of it.

Pathetic.
                          So you call HT screwing around...

That's messed up...I call HT very educational... and many of my co-workers also see it that way too.

Sorry you can't land yourself in a position like mine.

Comment

I call HT very educational... and many of my co-workers also see it that way too.
                            A state worker, at a state job, wasting time to post on HT instead of doing your job.

Is posting to HT part of your job description? I bet it's not.

And your co-workers encourage you to continue slacking off. Amazingly pathetic.

Don't be sorry. I wouldn't want to work for the state... or with people that have attitudes like yours. I'm perfectly happy doing what I'm doing, and I'm pretty sure it pays me better than your job does.

But please, continue to try and explain how it makes sense to screw around on the Internet while you're at work. It's entertaining.

Comment

you may ask PM style as I don't think it's relevant to this thread PJ.... since your the on everyones arse about keeping things on thread yeah?

Hawaii Telecom...

I'm still pissed about getting double billed one month!

Comment

Too funny... and once again, I don't need to take anything to PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X