Hawaiian Telcom DSL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hawaiian Telcom DSL

My dad still hasn't received our bills yet from October 2006 on. As far as I understand they have to manually check the bills of the people who have the My Choice bundle for errors. So things could be worse
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

Just in case anyone else is affected, I just got my HT invoice dated 12/1/06 and noticed that there were additional "One-Time Charges" added to my bill. Three charges dated 9/1/06 -- Hawaiian Telcom High Speed Internet $21.99, Hawaiian Telcom High Speed Internet Adjustment $7.96, and Supplier FUSF Recovery Fee $2.75. This was all on top of my regular DSL charge of $37.95 - $8.00 discount. A surprisingly quick call to HT (643-3456 option 1) got the charges reversed. You might want to check your bills too.

Comment

We are still waiting for our October and November bills. I was assured it should be really soon. The hang up is they had to manually check all the bills for all the MyChoice bundle customers.
        The Kona Blog

Comment

HawaiiTel is planning to upgrade its IP infrastructure using brand new Alcatel-Lucent switches. This should provide customers with more stable, reliable service as Lucent technology is rock solid (they are part of the former AT&T--Ma Bell). Now if they could just get their billing act together...

"Hawaiian Telcom will deploy Alcatel-Lucent's access and IP routing solutions to replace the existing high-speed Internet infrastructure," the company said Thursday.

The transformation will include hardware to extend the bandwidth potential of fiber from the network core to the subscriber premises.
          Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I believe a lot of the billing problems are the result of BearingPoint, not meeting their contractual obligations. It was a massive job, re-creating 80 back office systems here in Hawaii (They were formerly on the mainland). If hindsight was 20/20, the 9 month transition period was way too short.
            The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
              I believe a lot of the billing problems are the result of BearingPoint, not meeting their contractual obligations. It was a massive job, re-creating 80 back office systems here in Hawaii (They were formerly on the mainland). If hindsight was 20/20, the 9 month transition period was way too short.
              One of the reasons may be the new business system that BearingPoint had to migrate the HawaiiTel systems to...SAP has a reputation of being pretty tough to implement. Lucent had to convert to it awhile back from their homegrown systems...yuck that was messy. It took them about 3 years to iron out most of their billing/invoicing problems.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Is it Hawaiian Telcom or is it the Advertiser's website that's being screwy right now?
                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

hey all,
                  seems like i cant connect to some internet sites as of last night is it, anyone else having the same problems?

my ghetto solution is to keep pressing refresh till it connects to the page lol

Comment

Originally posted by amig View Post
                    hey all,
                    seems like i cant connect to some internet sites as of last night is it, anyone else having the same problems?

my ghetto solution is to keep pressing refresh till it connects to the page lol
                    I've been having that same problem yesterday at work at today at home as well.

Sometimes refresh doesn't work...so I highlight the URL and hit Enter.

It's annoying.
                    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                    We're not here to mess around
                    Boston, you know we love you madly
                    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                    You know we couldn't live without you
                    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by amig View Post
                      hey all,
                      seems like i cant connect to some internet sites as of last night is it, anyone else having the same problems?[...]
                      Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                      I've been having that same problem yesterday at work at today at home as well.[...]
                      Me, too. Just thought I was doin' sumthin' wrong! It's not me? YAY!

Comment

Thankfully its not isolated to my Mom's computers. I thought I was going to rip out all of the cables and rewire the network.

The thing is, that its been going on for a few weeks, and its not the routers' fault.
                        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I noticed it last night too. I was only able to get to less than half the sites that I normally visit. I thought about rebooting my router, but decided to shut down for the night all together. Last night was the first real glitch in the 3 years that I've had DSL.

Comment

I hate to be at the HawaiianTel call center right now. Looks like someone (or a group of people) are in trouble.

Anyway... *goes off in selling "internet alternatives"*

(yeah, like I'd do that )
                            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

It sounds like a DNS issue. I personally have not noticed any problems reaching sites. As I use TreeWalk DNS. Another
                              option is OpenDNS
                              The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
                                It sounds like a DNS issue. I personally have not noticed any problems reaching sites. As I use TreeWalk DNS. Another
                                option is OpenDNS
                                Once again, you've brightened a nerd's day!
                                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X