Pay as you go wireless service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay as you go wireless service

Was at Wal-Mart this evening and I came across a few "Pay as You Go" phone services. The cheapest phone was for $20, I figured I had nothing to lose but $20 plus another $20-25 for some extra airtime.

Anyone else use Pay as You Go services? Oh yeah I am using the Tracfone service.

Re: Pay as you go wireless service

Originally posted by helen
    Was at Wal-Mart this evening and I came across a few "Pay as You Go" phone services. The cheapest phone was for $20, I figured I had nothing to lose but $20 plus another $20-25 for some extra airtime.

Anyone else use Pay as You Go services? Oh yeah I am using the Tracfone service.
    It's a good deal, if you only use it for emergencies or very infrequent calls. I have a Tracfone too (with a Hawai'i phone number!) for emergency use only or when I'm in Hawai'i.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Pay as you go wireless service

I used to have a pay-as-you go service through Verizon. For many of the plans, no matter what company, if you don't use the minutes, they don't roll over to the next mnoth, which keeps you paying them every month. I found that it was not enough minutes for me, so I had to switch to a "regular plan."

I miss the reception I had with my prepaid Verizon, but sharing my boyfriend's Sprint plan has turned out to work much better for me, since I don't use that many minutes but use more than is financially good with the prepaid.

There's more discussion of prepaid phones on HI Threads here too:
      best cellular phone service for low minutes user?

Comment

Working...
      X