Sony repair recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony repair recommendations

Can anyone recommend a shop to diagnose and repair a Sony Vaio Notebook Model PCG-FRV26? I checked the Sony site and they have a long list of authorized places but I'm hoping someone can make a personal recommendation. Thanks in advance.

Re: Sony repair recommendations

What's wrong with it?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I went to the Sony service center in Mapunapuna to fix my Vaio. I'm pretty sure I paid more for the repair than the computer was worth, and there was a long wait, but they seemed pretty competent and organized (as you'd hope, given their "official" designation). Compared to an experience at, say, a CompUSA, especially.

Comment

Taking PZ's advice, I called the Sony place and learned that it will most likely have to go to the Mainland. It came here from Guam so another few thousand miles or so shouldn't matter. I will get a quote on what it will cost first as I'm not sure whether it will be worth it.

What happened to it is this: our partner on Guam left it turned on under his a/c which proceeded to slowly drip water onto it for several hours. Not good.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          I went to the Sony service center in Mapunapuna to fix my Vaio. I'm pretty sure I paid more for the repair than the computer was worth, and there was a long wait,[...]
          A verrrrrrrrry long wait...always. They're notorious for that. Just recently I got a piece of equipment back after only 3 weeks. I was stunned at the short turnaround and asked why! Turns out, because the product was only a couple of months old, instead of fixing it they gave me a new one! I certainly appreciated that but the initial short 3 weeks then seemed a bit long!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
            A verrrrrrrrry long wait...always. They're notorious for that. Just recently I got a piece of equipment back after only 3 weeks. I was stunned at the short turnaround and asked why! Turns out, because the product was only a couple of months old, instead of fixing it they gave me a new one! I certainly appreciated that but the initial short 3 weeks then seemed a bit long!
            We are settled in for the long haul - the tech won't even be able to diagnois the problem until later this week. What happens then will depend on how much $$$$ to fix. It might be cheaper to just buy something new.

3 weeks is a long time to wait when they just gave you a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp
              [...]3 weeks is a long time to wait when they just gave you a new one.
              Try 2 to 7 months for a camcorder repair. Yep...the shortest repair time was 2 months...the longest 7 months. The dealer was kind enough to lend me a camera each time.

I really like Sony products but the repair situation in Hawaii is incredibly frustrating.

Comment

Working...
              X