Interesting DSL Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting DSL Story

I was having upload speed issues,my upload was half what it was supposed to be. Long story short I found out that my brother had two filters on one phone jack. We then put the radio shack filter on the jack,my modem rebooted and my upload speed dropped. Then we put the Verizon supplied filter, the normal upload speed returned.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Re: Interesting DSL Story

System ERROR can't compute! I had DSL before and the exact type of problem you're having with slowdowns. I got fed up with it and switched to Roadrunner. Problem SOLVED for the time being until something new happens. I wish there was an easy button to press to Eliminate all slowdowns and problems. Someone needs to Invent one.
    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Actually I've been really happy with my DSL. Solid speeds, high reliability.
      It was just because my brother stuck two DSL filters on one jack in our house
      that caused the problem. (Road Runner isn't all it is cracked up to be, believe me. I had it four years...ewww)
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

Oh well too each his own, I say apples you say oranges. They both taste good and have their own flavors, and are good for you.
        A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

hi,

in my experience i would have to say that if i were doing a lot of uploads i would go with dsl.

if i wanted more download speeds i would go with a cable provider.

dsl tends to have higher upload speeds.

since i prefer fast downloads and had a terrible dsl experience i like cable.

joel

Comment

Don't even bring me into this converstation. I just use whatever works, and DSL is working perfectly so far. I guess you can call this the 'ford vs chevy' argument for internet users.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
            X