Anyone worked with a temperature gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone worked with a temperature gun?

To get an accurate reading on a few things (for a project and cooking) I'm looking for a temperature gun. I seen it used on Food Network's "Good Eats" and I was wondering if anyone used it personally? And where can I get one locally?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Anyone worked with a temperature gun?

Adrian:
    Here's some info on infrared thermometers. They're kinda pricey and more for gadget geeks like Alton Brown and food inspectors. I use a probe thermometer, which works just fine and costs way less than the cheapest IR thermometer.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I got one I use for mechanic work....touch the end of a long probe to the area...helps to identify potential clogged oil and water jackets or blown cylinders on boat motors....i really dont use it that much, so prolly just a waste of money
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
        To get an accurate reading on a few things (for a project and cooking) I'm looking for a temperature gun. I seen it used on Food Network's "Good Eats" and I was wondering if anyone used it personally? And where can I get one locally?
        That thing was one of our *favorite* toys (until the sucka got stolen, along with my husband's tool box). Eyeballs were off-limits, but golly to take the temperature of all sorts of things in the world....the hottest key on my laptop is the "num lock" (F6)...yes, son, you are truly 98.6º....wow! the coils on the back of the fridge are hot, but how amazing it was that the front door of the same appliance was ≤ 30º cooler...

pax

Comment

I played with one that was sold at Precision Radio and it works really well. Great for checking the temperature of air ducts located in hard to reach ceilings and crawl ways. This one projected a laser dot on the target and read the surface temperature from a range of 20-feet.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
          X