There'll be a racing game based in Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There'll be a racing game based in Hawaii

Test Drive Unlimited is a street racing game that lets you drive licensed cars and motorcycles on 1000 miles of Hawaiian roads and highways.
    Source

And before you go crazy over this, it'll come out in September '06, but from the screenshots, it doesn't look like its a remap of anywhere here; it looks like it has some landmarks, but its ridiculous, because in one of the 'shots, it shows a car going down a freeway (I assume H1) and it has a sign that shows Pearl Harbor and Sacred Falls 2 miles from that point. But still, its a good game to try if you have a xbox 360, PSP or PS2, or a good computer.

reccomened specs would be 3ghz intel p4 , 2.4ghz amd athlon64, 2gig ram, 5gig hd space, win2000/xp, and a 256mb vid card, atix1300, and nvidia 6800.
    If I base it to those specs, then I'll need a gig more of RAM. Luckily I got that 256mb x1800xt video card
    Last edited by adrian; June 12, 2006, 04:17 PM.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: There'll be a racing game based in Hawaii

It's out now, and the Star-Bulletin's Jason Genegabus reviewed it.
    At first, I tried to keep it real, moving into an apartment near Ala Moana and picking up an Audi TT Quattro Sport from the dealership. For the first few hours playing, I was content to cruise around the island, driving from Hawaii Kai to Waianae and back again. Soon, I found myself surrounded by high-powered luxury cars that other players had bought online. After winning a few races and completing a few challenges, I managed to buy myself a brand new Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa and some crocodile-skin shoes, driving gloves and sunglasses to match.
    The official game site is, of course, TestDriveUnlimited.com. The graphics are impressive.

As Jason notes, some of the landmarks are missing and things aren't quite right (making this game a bit more challenging to Honolulu residents, I bet!), but the overall sense is there. Almost makes me wish I had an XBox 360. Or any game console, for that matter!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      As Jason notes, some of the landmarks are missing and things aren't quite right
      Put some pidgin speaking mokes, and random traffic accidents, and it'll feel like home.

I guess I'll be upgrading soon...
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I saw some videos of this earlier... really impressive! It was kinda freaky to recognize some areas I drove through myself...

If you're going for realism, don't forget the stopped-up H-1 from the smashed overpass. Hey, at least in the game if it happens you can just drive over the hills or something.

Comment

Working...
        X