Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computers can't detect Creative MicroPhoto MP3 player!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computers can't detect Creative MicroPhoto MP3 player!

It all started after the MP3 player decided to freeze after a song finished playing earlier today. I remove the battery (take that iPod) and restart the MP3 player, which comes up and rebuilds the playlist. No worries - I just wait for a few minutes. When I tried to listen to music, my playlist were erased, but my songs and other settings (background, FM presets, etc) were all not touched. Fast foward to this afternoon: I turn on my MP3 player, and it again rebuilds the library but no signs of the playlists. When I get home I connect it to my desktop computer, but the computer wouldn't detect the MP3 player even though the auto-read pops up and asks what I should do with the device. I select open it in Windows Explorer, but it couldn't see the MP3 player. I try several times but same result. I try it on my laptop, and its the same thing: it wouldn't detect it. The batter charges when its connected to the USB, but that's all it can do.

Can anyone help?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Computers can't detect Creative MicroPhoto MP3 player!

sounds like you gotta reload the drivers for that program.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Is this a first time thing or did the MP3 player connect to the computer before?

Comment

I've been having a similar problem with a 1GB Creative Zen Nano Plus. I've used it only a couple times (first, to isten to a friend's podcasts, then to listen to an 11-hour radio series that I copied over from CDs), but as of a couple days ago, I get an error message every time I connect it to either my home or work computers (both of which have the Creative software on them.)

It says that the player is not connected to the computer; yet, when I try to disconnect the player (that it says isn't even connected), I get a warning that it is not safe to disconnect it, as the "safely remove hardware" program isn't properly disconnecting. Same situation on two different computers.

Looking at Windows Explorer (yes, I know, I'm sorry - I'm not a Mac user - shameful for a "creative-type," I know...), it doesn't show the device as being connected either.

I'm not enough of a techie to know what to do here, but it sure is frustrating to have it crap out after only a few hours of use.

Comment

Working...
        X