Photoshop add in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop add in

Does anyone know if there is a photoshop add in that helps you crop photos like a portrait studio where all the head sizes are the same. Basically a circle on the upper half of a box.

I have to take photos at several different locations. I would like to shoot the pictures as I can but be able to have everyone's portrait have relatively the same size.

I'll keep looking in the meantime.
    just started: mililaniblog.com

Re: Photoshop add in

I don't think you need a plug-in to do this...
    1. When taking your portraits, try to be as consistent as possible. Stand the same distance away, and frame each subject the same, paying attention to where the frame cuts off (say, so far above their head and so far down their torso).
    2. Open Photoshop, and choose the "Crop" tool.
    3. Make sure the "Options" palette is displayed (if not, it's under the "Window" menu). Use the "Options" palette to fix a standard final image size. Say, 400 pixels high by 300 pixels wide at 150 pixels per inch.
    4. Open each photo, and crop each using the same options. This is also an opportunity to improve the consistent framing ("head size") if you weren't as exact in step one. You might want to save each, creating a series of consistently cropped versions of your pictures.
    5. Switching to the "Elliptical Marquee Tool" (i.e. oval select), you can then drag corner to corner on each to get the same size oval section of each photo selected. Copy and paste and arrange as needed.
    Will this be something to print, or just present online? Will the portrait "ovals" be large (4" or taller) or small (essentially thumbnails)? Not that it makes a major difference, but it will affect the settings/sizes you use in step three.

Comment

They are going to be in the annual report. Already some other "heads" have sent photos in. One is b&w. I guess they didn't want their picture taken.

When you look in an annual everyones head size is basically the same. That's what I want.
      just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

I know this probably won't help.... but I couldn't use (Photoshop) that for the exact same reason!

I needed all the kids heads the same size for a book.

I ended up using Print Shop Deluxe and that worked...then I transfered all the images to PhotoShop.
        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
        Sharing withother survivors...
        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

When you're photoshopping your images, it might be a help to also have a spreadsheet open with the appropriate image dimensions listed so you can do quick resizing calculations on the side. I know there's probably an elegant way to do that, but I'm no photoshop whiz so I stick with what I know.

Comment

i'm too lazy/busy to go into all the details but do you know that you can record your actions and have that as an available action to be repeated at the click of a single button?

all you have to do is a simple search using a search engine like google and type in photoshop batch and maybe tutorial. here's an example of what i'm talking about:

http://www.creativemac.com/2002/04_a...ls/psbatch.htm

by having photoshop record all of the steps you do for a single picture, you can then use that same series of actions again and again with just a click of a button after you select that action.

i've batched processed over a hundred pictures all at once and it's super simple. you can just walk away as photoshop does the work for you.

good luck.
            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
            X