Anyone use Directv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use Directv?

I'm trying to find anyone that has experience using Directv here. My friend uses Dish and is very satisfied with it.

Re: Anyone use Directv?

I also would like some info on this. I'm getting really tired of paying Oceanic's high prices. Was just on Dish TV's website. My problem is that I live in a rental unit. Don't know what would be required (or not allowed) if I wanted to switch.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808
      I also would like some info on this. I'm getting really tired of paying Oceanic's high prices. Was just on Dish TV's website. My problem is that I live in a rental unit. Don't know what would be required (or not allowed) if I wanted to switch.

Just a suggestion, having you considered getting just "basic" cable. On the
      Big Island it is less than 10.00 per month. It is what my parents got for
      our Ka'u house, since we are not there all the time.

I believe the Oahu rate is slightly higher than 10.00 per month. Since Oahu
      basic cable subs get a couple more channels than us. An even more positive
      benefit, as long as your TV is cable ready, no settop box needed.
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

yes - i've thought of that. but, i like all the other channels. TV is my main entertainment - I would not be happy with just the basic channels. Besides, those I can get without cable where I live. It's a major choice for me - I know I need to save money but also like to have many choices for tv watching.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

DirecTV and Dish Network are two separate (competing) companies, no?

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808
            Anapuni ~ Switching from cable to Directv was probably the best decision I made! The price stays the same and don't have to worry about cable being bumped up every other month or so. The only problem is, I live in Cali and I think it's a little different in HI...but I also live in a rental and all you need is to make sure it's okay with your landlord to install a dish anywhere on the premises, and if you should move, they (directv or who ever installs it will come take it down and install it at your new place. There is a one year commitment...hope that helps a little
            Last edited by localgrl; August 27, 2006, 03:10 PM.
            Live for today....tommorow is never promised

Comment

Working...
            X