Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oceanic Time Warner's Local Music Download Service

thats right, it was lanai, not auggie.
    i dont like that you cant burn itunes as mp3 and have to burn and re-rip, but oh well, i dont use it much.
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Re: Oceanic Time Warner's Local Music Download Service

It's been a year since I was pitched. Anyone know any burnlounge millionaires?
      just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Re: OCTunes: Oceanic's Local Music Download Service

BurnLounge (the engine behind "OCTunes") is still fighting the "MLM" and "pyramid scheme" labels people are slapping on it. I'd imagine the number of people who've gotten rich off of it is similar to the number of people who've gotten rich with Amway/Quixtar or other "network marketing" operations.

OCTunes seemed unusual to me, as it had the backing of a big company and some legitimate bands. I am curious, though, if it's actually benefitted anyone. Sounds like a follow-up by the local media is in order.

Comment

Well, the inevitable has happened: BurnLounge, the system behind Oceanic's "OCTunes" music store (and plugged by Peter Kay and Lanai Tabura, among others), has been flagged by the FTC as a pyramid scheme:
          Federal authorities filed suit Tuesday, claiming that that Burnlounge is a pyramid scheme and that its largest retailers have misrepresented the income investors have made, DeBoer said.
          Of course, while it seems everyone here knew it was a MLM, the detail was woefully absent from the local media coverage of the OCTunes launch. (Well, not all coverage. Heh.) And we sure as heck haven't heard much out of the local BurnLounge hui in a while. At least, it's been a few months since someone pitched me...

If the FTC doesn't shutter BurnLounge, here's hoping an outbreak of common sense out there does the job.

Comment

How many people here who buy digital music actually used this OCTunes service? I certainly didn't. Last I checked I spent more than $200 in downloads at iTunes. For a very short time even spent $25 on eMusic since their stuff was DRM-free. OCTunes. Not. Never. I don't think anyone will miss it if it goes away.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Does iTunes have all Hawaiian music (both traditional and contemporary) offered to us customers?

If OCTunes offer DRM-free MP3 and I can pick up OCTunes download [gift] card at my local Foodland, I might give it a try.
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

iTunes has Mountain Apple Records music. I haven't looked in a while.
                just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Working...
                X