Hawaii State Federal Credit Union & PayPal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii State Federal Credit Union & PayPal

How do I set up my account with that paypal direct bank stuff? I never figured out how cause its a savings account and it asks for a checkin number or something. Much thanks.
    I hope to be a Biochemist someday

Re: Hawaii State Federal Credit Union & PayPal

I'm not certain, but I think that Paypal requires a checking account because it needs the routing number of the checking account in order to make payments.

Comment

PayPal expects you to use a checking account because their transactions use the ACH system.

Two tricky things about HSFCU and PayPal:

1. Make sure the ACH numbers are correct. A few years ago when I was setting up a bunch of electronic transfers I found that because HSFCU used Bank of Hawaiʻi to process its checks, the ACH number that I needed to tell to PayPal was not the one at the bottom of my HSFCU check, like I would have expected. On my checks, the correct info was in fine print above the signature line: "ACH #321379041 / 00000". 321379041 is HSFCU's bank routing number, and the next five digits were my checking account number. The numbers at the bottom of the check were the routing information for Bank of Hawaiʻi, not HSFCU. Using those numbers did not work. (However, I noticed on my most recent box of checks that the numbers at the bottom look like the right ones now, so they may have fixed this. If you're uncertain, call HSFCU and tell them you want to set up an ACH transaction and need to know the correct numbers for your account.)

2. I don't know what the current procedure is, but back when I signed up with PayPal, in order to verify that you were actually in charge of the account, PayPal made two small (less than $1 each) deposits into your checking account, and you had to log into the PayPal site and tell them what the exact amounts were. Make sure you get these amounts right. HSFCU saw two small deposits from the same source on the same day, and on my monthly statement they lumped the two together. That messed me up quite a bit.
      Last edited by Glen Miyashiro; August 30, 2006, 09:08 AM.

Comment

yes, that's right. you need to use the ACH# by the signature line. also pa.ypal will debit money from your account and ask you to verify the deduction. this is for your protection. im still using payp.al and with no problems from hsfcu.

Comment

Shucks. Then I guess I wont be able to set up a paypall account then. My HSFCU account is actually just a savings account. THey way I have to get money is through an ATM card or going to the HSFCU office here in kapolei and asking for a Cashiers check. Its a bit of a pain when I want to order stuff off catalogs or websites in the mainland since I have to go through the whole process of asking for a check and then mailing in the order form.

Im just 17 and I really have no idea how to use this paypal stuff. So is there any way I can change my savings into a checking account. Or is that a bad idea?

Comment

I am not saying anyone is wrong but I have my savings, checkings, and credit cards on my paypal.

If you have an ATM card than you shoudl be able to add it. Just like a credit card account. I am not entirely sure about being able to put money into the account but I know you can use it to shop through paypal or withdraw through paypal.

I entered my saving account through my ATM card number.
            But then again what the heck do I know
            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
            Sharing withother survivors...
            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

lol. Please blueyecicle, do tell! I NEED TO KNOW. I wanna buy an mp3 player off ebay without having to send in a friggin check.

[edit]
              I went on the paypal site again to check if I can put a savings account apparently I can. Only thing is is that it is asking for the information from a check. So how am I able to input the info on my ATM card? I was also reading some stuff on the site; So if I add my savings account to paypal, will my funds transfer into the paypal account or stay in my bank. I dont really understand how this stuff works.

Well thanks everyone for the help!
              Last edited by PBatoon; September 1, 2006, 12:46 AM.

Comment

The paypal account is just a way to use your bank accounts. It will come directly out of your savings account or credit card account.

My saving ATM card has a VISA logo so ti was really easy. I just entered it like a VISA.

I buy on e-Bay all the time *got some more e-Bay man??* *jones*

I just have them take it out of the account of my choosing.
                Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                Sharing withother survivors...
                www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Working...
                X