Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless technology made me sick

source and complete article

Author Kate Figes, spent hundreds of pounds installing wireless internet in her Stoke Newington home, then found it made her so ill she had to scrap it.

Ms Figes, 49, claims she is so sensitive to wi-fi's electro-magnetic waves she can instantly tell whether it is installed in a particular room.
    Next, wifi will give humans superpowers to help find restaurants and get directions!
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Wireless technology made me sick

well, wireless technology makes ME sick!

Sick because I am so dependent on the sucka, that when my treo's puka decides that it doesn't want to charge up my battery, (which I learned by 1)using all three of my chargers in various locations to determine it isn't the charger, and 2)bought a new battery and determined that it isn't the battery) that I have had to scramble all over the internet looking for solutions...came up with a 3rd party solution, which is a portable charger that is usb/usb cable for $23...and then ponied up another $10 so that I can get a wall-plug adapter for it...and then another $20 so that it will come 2nd day UPS, which we all know means it will be here in 5 days....and by then my damned batteries will have died out....not to mention all the time wasted cruising forums on the internet trying to troubleshoot my problem....and yet I DON'T want any other phone, because aside from this, my phone is only 15months old and it rocks...

Adrian, you meant for me to co-opt this thread, didncha? You are so sensitive to the wifi frequencies, that you KNEW PM was pissy about her phone!

Gaaaaaayyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaa</bitch>

happy holidays,
    Pua'i

pax

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post

Next, wifi will give humans superpowers to help find restaurants and get directions!
      I guess she'll won't be going into any Starbucks anytime soon.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        I guess she'll won't be going into any Starbucks anytime soon.
        Or an airport,
        Or a hotel,
        Or Chinatown,
        Or a computer store...

Comment

Or anyplace that has a 2.4GHz cordless phone, which is the same frequency as WiFi.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
            Or anyplace that has a 2.4GHz cordless phone, which is the same frequency as WiFi.
            Hmmm...will a 5.8GHz phone interfere with DSL?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              I don't know the technical answer, but I'm pretty sure that a 5.8Ghz phone won't interfere with your DSL line or a 802.11 wireless router (if you have one setup). This is the same phone/router/dsl setup that I have at home and no problems with my Internet connection. The only potential problem is that I can't control whether my neighbors use a 2.4Ghz phone that might cause interference. So far so good.

Comment

It makes me sick too. The transmission speed is not high enough.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  Shouldn't. And it won't interfere with your WiFi unless maybe it's 802.11A (quite rare).

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                    Well, color me skeptical, but I'd want to put her in a double-blind test to see if she really can sense WiFi. If she can, then I'm willing to consider what she has to say. Both my father and I had extended high frequency hearing. We could hear the early ultrasonic alarms. Quite irritating since they only turned off the receiver, not the transmitter during business hours. They weren't quite ultra-sonic enough.

As pointed out, cordless phones, microwave ovens, and some wireless TV cameras/monitors use that. However, they use a different modulation method that might not be as disturbing.

Comment

I think the only way she'll get away from all this is to either kill herself or time travel back to the 60's when anything broadband was UHF.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                        I think the only way she'll get away from all this is to either kill herself or time travel back to the 60's when anything broadband was UHF.
                        It might have something more to do with the way it's modulated. If you have a room fan, the sound doesn't bother you. Your brain filters it out. But if the fan to to turn on and off in short bursts at random times, it would drive you batty. It might be something like that at work here.

While it sounds loony, you never know what what someone might have an unusual sensitivity. But I do want to see this proven in a scientific test.

Comment

I guess it's possible, once I had gold and silver fillings and whenever I got thru drinking some orange juice I swear I could hear voices and music in my head. Turns out my teeth and the juice made for a crystal radio and I was able to pick up KZOO that broadcasted in Kaimuki.

Comment

Working...
                          X