Buying a new Cell Phone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a new Cell Phone.

Ok my black Razr battery is dying every 4 hours! And since some of the LCD has dried I want to get a new cell phone.
    But I can't upgrade until 5-07.

I LOVED my razr except the scratchy music sound. I like the music ringtones and won't do polyphonics.
    I don't use the camera much but like it as a backup.
    I was looking at a refurbished phone. I don't want to spend alot because i will upgrade in May.
    Any suggestions? I can't stand those little Samsung flip phones, my nails hit the wrong keys! I like the big screen on the Razr.

ANY suggestions would be Mahalo â nui ....I think...don't shoot me please. I am practicing.
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Re: Buying a new Cell Phone.

I would help you, but looking at your f'ed-up avatar of Whatshisface Hasselhoff is making me forget my middle name...dear me, is that a speedo??? hruguhgahu-ka-HACKllllblurgha-ha-huuu-HACK....mother help me

pax

Comment

I don't usually offer my phones for sale, but I'll make an exception.

I have a Motorola v635 phone. Its been dropped a few times, but most of the scratches are on the removable front bezel. It has a 1.2mp camera, transflash memory slot (up to 1gb of memory available), and its unlocked so it can be used for either Tmobile or Cingular. Its been modified like a rice car (different skins, wallpapers, and ringtones galore. and if you don't like the noise the volume keys make, that's been silenced).

Because its my baby, I'm willing to part with it for $130. Here's more info on it.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
        I would help you, but looking at your f'ed-up avatar of Whatshisface Hasselhoff is making me forget my middle name...dear me, is that a speedo??? hruguhgahu-ka-HACKllllblurgha-ha-huuu-HACK....mother help me
        AHHH your cracking me up today!!! hehe

Comment

Oh, man. My old Motorola keeled over on me a couple of weeks ago. I went to Cingular to get a new one. I told the guy I wanted one with video capability and he suggested some Samsung number for $30 (with the $50 rebate). I said, "whatever, man," bought the phone and brought it home. No video. The menu function is whacked and the piece of crap routinely drops calls.

Yesterday, the phone just died. Not even a month old. I took it back in, where the guy told me I need to bring in the box, charger and manual if I want to exchange the phone. Then he took out the battery, something I did at least 20 times. Then he took out and returned the SIM card, which got the phone to work again. What a pain in the ass.
          Don't be mean,
          try to help.

Comment

Blueyecycle - If the battery is dying, you can buy a replacement 3rd party battery for around $25. What do you mean the LCD is 'drying out'? As far as I know all razor makes can do mp3 ringtones. you can even bluetooth an edited mp3 to the phone.

Jdub - I'm not sure about Cingular, but you can return the phone at any time for any reason under a certain amount of days. Its usually 15-30 days. Especially if the salesman lied/was mistaken.
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

The little pixels on the phone are drying out. It looks like I have sand inside my screen. I am assuming it is the liquid crystals because that is what I was told.
              I found a new battery for 30.00 but if I can buy a new phone for 50..why bother??!

Comment

a NEW phone? without contract?
                Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                  a NEW phone? without contract?
                  OK I know! ....They said wait until May but I can't!
                  It's ridiculous! I just need a stinking replacement phone that is not 300.00! Until May when i renew my contract for 2 years. AGAIN/

Comment

People in Asia/Europe pay full price for their phone, but they have no contract. In the US they do in backwards, where you get a deal on a phone but are locked into a contract.
                    You can buy any unlocked GSM phone and put your current SIM card into it. (you have a SIM card right?)
                    LCD's, to my knowledge dont 'dry out'... If you step on it, it will crack and sor of bleed inside, making a colorful black black slick. Are the pixels dying out maybe?
                    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                      People in Asia/Europe pay full price for their phone, but they have no contract. In the US they do in backwards, where you get a deal on a phone but are locked into a contract.
                      You can buy any unlocked GSM phone and put your current SIM card into it. (you have a SIM card right?)
                      LCD's, to my knowledge dont 'dry out'... If you step on it, it will crack and sor of bleed inside, making a colorful black black slick. Are the pixels dying out maybe?
                      I was told the Liquid Crystals were drying but I have no clue. Yes I have a SIM card....does anyone know if it will transfer my ringtones?? Prolly not.

I looked on e-bay for an unlocked phone but I don't know which one is good for me.

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                        OK I know! ....They said wait until May but I can't!
                        It's ridiculous! I just need a stinking replacement phone that is not 300.00! Until May when i renew my contract for 2 years. AGAIN/
                        Blu, have you talked with your cell phone provider and explained the problem? If so, did they say you can't upgrade your phone now and extend your contract for an additional 2 years from the end of your current contract? By chance, did you happen to mention to the provider that should you need to wait 'til May for a new phone, you see no reason to not change providers? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                          Blu, have you talked with your cell phone provider and explained the problem? If so, did they say you can't upgrade your phone now and extend your contract for an additional 2 years from the end of your current contract? By chance, did you happen to mention to the provider that should you need to wait 'til May for a new phone, you see no reason to not change providers? Just curious.
                          I was considering that. I may go talk to them tomorrow because Phones are spendy. That's a good idea. I mean it is only 5 months. I love my phone company. But I would change if I had to. Thanks TuTuSue

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                            I was considering that. I may go talk to them tomorrow because Phones are spendy. That's a good idea. I mean it is only 5 months. I love my phone company. But I would change if I had to. Thanks TuTuSue
                            I've had only 4 phones in my 15 years of cell phone use, all with the same provider. Kind of! I haven't changed providers but the provider has been acquired by other companies a few times now! The last 2 phones were obtained when the previous phone went belly up in the middle of my contract. I didn't have a problem replacing the phone as long as I signed a new contract. If you're a long standing customer you might even negotiate for additional prime time minutes at no extra charge! I have an additional 500 free minutes on my plan. The company doesn't want to lose your business.

Speaking of needing a new cell phone, I'll soon be faced with chosing one as Cingular is about to discontinue AT&T's old analog service. Poop! Stop laughing!!! I don't want or need another phone. I don't want to pay for text messaging. I don't send...only receive cell phone notification of client email and faxes received online. The rollover minutes feature is appealing, tho'. Cingular is offering me different plans and phones. The plan I have now that's just perfect for my needs no longer exists. Time to put on my negotiation hat! They're also offering the choice of the following 2 phones: Nokia 6102i and Samsung C417. So, all you techies in HTland...any thoughts about which one is best when it comes to quality? I don't need all the high tech features...just make and receive calls and receive client email and fax notifications via text messaging. Everything else is fluff. Must admit, tho', that an iPod phone might intrigue me down the line!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              Speaking of needing a new cell phone, I'll soon be faced with chosing one as Cingular is about to discontinue AT&T's old analog service. Poop! Stop laughing!!! I don't want or need another phone. I don't want to pay for text messaging. I don't send...only receive cell phone notification of client email and faxes received online. The rollover minutes feature is appealing, tho'. Cingular is offering me different plans and phones. The plan I have now that's just perfect for my needs no longer exists. Time to put on my negotiation hat! They're also offering the choice of the following 2 phones: Nokia 6102i and Samsung C417. So, all you techies in HTland...any thoughts about which one is best when it comes to quality? I don't need all the high tech features...just make and receive calls and receive client email and fax notifications via text messaging. Everything else is fluff. Must admit, tho', that an iPod phone might intrigue me down the line!
                              I changed from AT&T to the new Cingular about 18 months ago. I didn't realize I could have done it sooner! Oh well, I like the new coverage better. It worked in Hawai'i (all over Oahu) and everywhere I have been in Oregon and Washington. So I cannot complain. But I think the customer service are so dumb. I know more than them 1.2 the time and they made it a big hassle to get my phone number so I had to change it, then when I changed it the gal told me "Why didn't you keep your old number?? It's pretty simple!"
                              After i spent 3 hours on the phone trying to the month before and ended up paying for 2 phones for 2 months....Maybe they are better trained now who knows!

Comment

Working...
                              X