Google's new website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google's new website?

Has anyone noticed this yet? I hope this cut and paste works because I'm a bit concerned my computer was just hijacked.

This is my home page on IE: http://www.google.com/
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Re: Google's new website?

You mean the change of the banner? According to the Google itself they are just celebrating the birthday of Edvard Munch who was born on this day in 1863.

I recongize the painting but up until today I didn't know it was Edvard Munch who painted it.

Comment

You mean the Edvard Munch "The Scream" logo? I love it.

Google puts up all kinds of special logos for certain occasions. Most major holidays, but a lot of obscure historical dates as well. There was an interview with the artist a few months ago.

Some are really cute, and many aren't archived on that "holiday logos" page. I wonder if there's another archive somewhere of the more obscure ones.

Comment

You mean the artsy picture for Google? It's Edvard Munch's birthday.

--- Wow, already people beat me to the punch.

Comment

as much as i hate google for stealing all my candidates i LOVE that they are celebrating munch's birthday today. they get two bonus points, which puts them now at.... *calculating*...... -47,586,978,567,490
          life is ok sometimes

Comment

a Google search will reveal that lots of people have been collecting them and display them on their own journals or web pages. They're very cool; today's is especially so.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
            X