Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cityscapes

Originally posted by mel
    My question is, was there such an email sent out by the site host?
    Not yet. The Hawaii node (and the publishing interface behind it) hasn't been rolled out yet. Most of the interaction so far (besides this thread!) has been on a mailing list, and I think you can get to the archives via the web (if you're a member).

I mentioned above, though, that they did build us our own corner of the message board, and I imagine after the site launches, that's probably going to be the best place to continue this conversation. After all, I'm pretty sure not all the participating bloggers got there via HawaiiThreads.com or HawaiiStories.com.

Comment

Data removed by the original poster. (Stoopid guy, yeah?)
      Last edited by Linkmeister; September 25, 2004, 05:10 PM.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I think I better ask if all this stuff is public or not.

Comment

Thanks Linkmeister for the info. I captured the text and now it is part of my digital clutter. Ryan, if you have to delete this stuff, well so be it. I got the message.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            I think I better ask if all this stuff is public or not.
            Damn, I didn't even think of that. Delete away, Ryan, the sooner the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
              Damn, I didn't even think of that. Delete away, Ryan, the sooner the better.

I am soooooo lost.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                I am soooooo lost.
                Like an idiot I posted some contents of an e-mail message to members of the Metroblogging mailing list. Then Ryan said "wait, maybe those shouldn't be public." In the meantime Mel, who I'd meant the info for, copied the contents. Then I slapped my forehead and deleted the contents from that post.

Smarter now?

Comment

Having received login info from Sean Bonner, I've dutifully gone into the site and changed my password. But I've got writer's block.

Who's gonna be first to post something there?

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                    Who's gonna be first to post something there?
                    If we'd launched just a little earlier, I was gonna go with the Blue Angels air show. But the event is pretty much over. So, I figured why not go with another trusty conversation starter.

Hmm. Now that things are getting rolling, I better familiarize myself a bit more with the happenings in the local arts and culture scene. Much of the Metroblogging.com network seems to highlight upcoming events, whereas I'd usually end up focusing more on business or politics.

To everyone else, this thing should "go live" officially this week... although if you're really curious, you can probably guess the URL.
                    Last edited by pzarquon; October 10, 2004, 01:45 PM. Reason: Removed link because we're still under construction.

Comment

It's live! Go check it out. I sent press releases to the Advertiser, Star-Bulletin, Pacific Business News and Honolulu Weekly. Let's see if any of them pick it up as a story. You know if I was still doing Bytemarks in the Advertiser I would certainly write about it.
                      Last edited by Quark; October 12, 2004, 07:54 PM.
                      Check out Bytemarks the blog and Bytemarks the Yahoogroup

Comment

Where are the rest of our cohorts' posts?

Comment

Originally posted by Quark
                          I sent press releases to the Advertiser, Star-Bulletin, Pacific Business News and Honolulu Weekly.
                          The web-savvy Howard Dicus at Pacific Business News picked it up right away:
                          Hawaii becomes newest page on Metblogs
                          "We just launched blogs for Austin, Minneapolis and Hawaii," the site said in a Monday posting. "What? Hawaii isn't a city? Well, those wacky islanders thought it would be better to show the voices of the whole state as one and we agreed."
                          Wacky indeed!

Comment

Looks like you guys are off to a great start! In looking at the other city blogs, I think one of the things that make a metroblog site interesting are photos, lots of 'em. When I go to the San Francisco blog, I wanna get a glimpse into the life of the City by the Bay, and photos seem more real and immediate than words. Same for the Hawai'i blogs; give all those folks Out There a taste of the Real Hawai'i that the tourist books usually don't show.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                              Looks like you guys are off to a great start! In looking at the other city blogs, I think one of the things that make a metroblog site interesting are photos, lots of 'em. When I go to the San Francisco blog, I wanna get a glimpse into the life of the City by the Bay, and photos seem more real and immediate than words. Same for the Hawai'i blogs; give all those folks Out There a taste of the Real Hawai'i that the tourist books usually don't show.
                              Shhhhh! You no like let everybody else know what da real Hawai'i is like! Da reason why a lot of your archeological sites and places only da locals use to know about are now being overrun by da touristas is because of books like "(name your island) Revealed". Da editors of dat series getting all kine pilikia from da locals. Ahihi Kinau (La Perouse Bay) in South Maui used to only be known by the locals. It has significant archeological and historical significance to da kanaka maoli. When those off the beaten track guide books started coming out, the tourists made a beeline for places lidat, and wherever da tourists go, da commercial ventures (like da divers and kayakers) going follow. If you wanna keep Hawai'l as pristine as possible, no be too vocal about all da beautiful places stay get in Hawai'i.

Miulang
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                                Shhhhh! You no like let everybody else know what da real Hawai'i is like! Da reason why a lot of your archeological sites and places only da locals use to know about are now being overrun by da touristas is because of books like "(name your island) Revealed". Da editors of dat series getting all kine pilikia from da locals. Ahihi Kinau (La Perouse Bay) in South Maui used to only be known by the locals. It has significant archeological and historical significance to da kanaka maoli. When those off the beaten track guide books started coming out, the tourists made a beeline for places lidat, and wherever da tourists go, da commercial ventures (like da divers and kayakers) going follow. If you wanna keep Hawai'l as pristine as possible, no be too vocal about all da beautiful places stay get in Hawai'i.
                                Actually Miulang, I was thinking more about things like showing all da haoles what a good laulau plate from Masu's Massive Plate Lunch looks like.

Comment

Working...
                                X