Tech Support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Support?

Hoi, need some feedback on tech support for Hawaiian Telcom and Oceanic. Are they good or are they full of themselves and take to calling their customers stupid? Had that experience and I really hate getting pissed off enough to go down there and do the chucklehead some harm.

We've been with Lavanet for years because of that experience. Great tech support. Unfortunately, we still have their dial up service and they told us that if we wanted a less expensive DSL, we'd have to switch to HT or go with RR at Oceanic.

What say ye? Hawaiian Telcom or Road Runner? Mahalo!

Re: Tech Support?

Road Runner.

Comment

I, too, am still with lava.net. Yes, great tech support. I went direct to Hawaiian Telcom for DSL. It's less expensive to separate them out that way than to sign up for DSL thru lava.net. Somehow it's all configured so that I get the speed of DSL but it funnels thru lava.net...not to mention I use pobox.com as a mail forwarding service. I'm so in over my untechie head it's pathetic! When something goes awry I'm completely lost! I'm glad I know techie people!

I know nothing about Clearwire but I'm pretty sure lava.net offers that. Have you checked it out? Oh wait...P A L I ??? Where are you?!

Comment

cheap DSL = clearwire.

Since I did tech support for Hawaiian Tel, I can say that some of us were cranky in the morning (8 till about 10ish). The callers didn't make it any better, because some would btch about how early we called them, or how late we returned their call, while others couldn't understand our instructions even though we walked them through it.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
          cheap DSL = clearwire.

Since I did tech support for Hawaiian Tel, I can say that some of us were cranky in the morning (8 till about 10ish). The callers didn't make it any better, because some would btch about how early we called them, or how late we returned their call, while others couldn't understand our instructions even though we walked them through it.
          Doc, I won't go into the long story of how we were treated. I don't care how cranky the techs are. Here's what I don't want to hear when I call and ask for help, without giving attitude or crap or btching to the tech. "Awsshh....." "Fuuu......." "<BIG SIGH>" Heaven forbid that a tech should ask us if we read the instructions when we already did, especially in a condescending way. Worse if he calls us stupid. Experienced all of the above. No one pisses my wife off, because that makes me veeerrrry upset. I sincerely and truly hope that last tech lost his job. I have a very, very low tolerance for poor service thanks to our last encounter. I guess Hawaiian Telcom is out.

Clearwire, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
            Doc, I won't go into the long story of how we were treated. I don't care how cranky the techs are. Here's what I don't want to hear when I call and ask for help, without giving attitude or crap or btching to the tech. "Awsshh....." "Fuuu......." "<BIG SIGH>" Heaven forbid that a tech should ask us if we read the instructions when we already did, especially in a condescending way. Worse if he calls us stupid. Experienced all of the above. No one pisses my wife off, because that makes me veeerrrry upset. I sincerely and truly hope that last tech lost his job. I have a very, very low tolerance for poor service thanks to our last encounter. I guess Hawaiian Telcom is out.

Clearwire, huh?
            The only way that help desk person will get fired is if you take the time to speak to his supervisor. Even though they usually play a recording "this call is being monitored for quality purposes" while you're waiting for your call to be answered, it doesn't mean that a supervisor will actually listen to each and every customer call...they can only monitor a small percentage of each agent's call. The next time this happens, make sure you get the tech's name, and then ask to speak to his/her supervisor.

If you assume that the supervisor will magically know that he/she has an agent with a bad attitude and will do something about it, then you're doing a disservice both to the supervisor and to any future customers who have the unfortunate experience of dealing with this person. Remember, each supervisor might have upwards of 15-20 agents to watch over!

Miulang
            Last edited by Miulang; April 16, 2007, 07:00 PM.
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
              The only way that help desk person will get fired is if you take the time to speak to his supervisor. Even though they usually play a recording "this call is being monitored for quality purposes" while you're waiting for your call to be answered, it doesn't mean that a supervisor will actually listen to each and every customer call...they can only monitor a small percentage of each agent's call. The next time this happens, make sure you get the tech's name, and then ask to speak to his/her supervisor.

If you assume that the supervisor will magically know that he/she has an agent with a bad attitude and will do something about it, then you're doing a disservice both to the supervisor and to any future customers who have the unfortunate experience of dealing with this person. Remember, each supervisor might have upwards of 15-20 agents to watch over!

Miulang
              It's all part of that long story, but we did have his name and we did speak to his supervisor after I called back to the subscriptions or billing dept. I forget already. Too long ago. She asked and I laid in on her too.

Comment

a wihle back i was having connection problems with RR, it turned out to be a roommate who was clogging the intertubes.
                i think i posted it in the hawaiian tel thread, but i called hawaiiantelcom and was told that if i wanted DSL, it would cost a fee to set up the DSL, they could turn on the phone jacks in my place, but they wouldnt know if they turned on the right ones, so another fee for a tech to come out to turn on the right one, a few weeks scheduling time, etc. at that point i knew why HT was losing customers.
                i guess you know lavanet has better customer service, but you want the cheapest. how much is each now? $45 for RR for fast connection speed, and $35 for DSL? clearwire is neat, but you might not get good reception. i think theyre $35. do you have cable already? if not, thats another $10 for basic cable.
                Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
                  Clearwire, huh?
                  Yeps.

Its just simple plug 'n go - no need tech support.
                  How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I gots a cable. Is that what Clearwire runs on? I like that idea of plug-n-go.

Comment

Working...
                    X